PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask one question at the President's news conference...

MaxPower
04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Tonight the President is having a news conference. If you could ask one question, what would it be?

elwoodblues
04-13-2004, 12:23 PM
How do you spell Nuclear:

a) N-U-C-L-E-A-R
b) N-U-C-U-L-A-R

superleeds
04-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Do you sleep well at night?

andyfox
04-13-2004, 12:56 PM
The social security tax hits lower income people the hardest, since it comes off the first dollar of income. Given that the social security system has taken in $1,700,000,000,000 more in the past twenty years than it's paid out in benefits, why have you been so concerned with the income tax without consideration of the regressive social security tax?

or

To whom are we going to hand over governmental power in Iraq on June 30 and what do you anticipate the government and society of Iraq will look like on September 30?

or

You campaigned in 2000 against nation-building, saying it doesn't work and rubs the citizens of the other country the wrong way. Have you seen anything in Iraq that has changed your mind about this?

Zeno
04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tonight the President is having a news conference. If you could ask one question, what would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the best pussy you've ever had?

ThaSaltCracka
04-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Is Iraq going to resemble the Texas Rangers after you left the organization? Wasting huge amounts of money with little results?

GWB
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
The only statement/question that the press needs to ask me is:

We know that our reporting in a biased manner has made the fight against terrorism that much harder for your administration. What can we, the press, as well as the American people do to help you in the fight against terrorism throughout the world?

W

andyfox
04-13-2004, 04:15 PM
I know you're not the real GWB, or at least I have a strong suspicion, since you're much too literate, but you have captured the feelings that the administration has towards the press perfectly.

Disdain for facts, disdain for democracy, disdain for the press. Time for a change.

andyfox
04-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I am shocked, SHOCKED, to see such language here.

Ray Zee
04-13-2004, 06:03 PM
over the long term will your actions have helped or hurt the quality of life in america and the world.

thats what we should ask ourselves about him.

Wake up CALL
04-13-2004, 06:10 PM
I would ask: Mr. President, will you please ask the American people to repeal the 22nd amendment so you may continue to wage war on terror for generations to come?

jdl22
04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
If I weren't feeling too provocative I would ask: How is tax and spend worse than the don't tax and spend that you're doing?

If I were feeling a little feisty I would ask: How can you claim to be a compassionate conservative when it's quite clear you are neither? (he sure as hell is not fiscally conservative and is clearly not compassionate in the slightest)

If I'm in a super feisty mood here is my question:
If you think abortion is murder then why isn't this issue more important than national security since there are approximately 1,370,000 murders committed by doctors using your definition each year? (note: I'm pro-choice I just don't see how prolife politicians can possibly think there is a more important issue, obviously they can't talk about it like that because most Americans are pro-choice at least in the first trimester)

At the end of the day there is almost literally nothing Bush can say to get my vote. If he passed a tax that said that anybody that doesn't have the initials jdl would have to pay 1000 and this money would be collected and distributed evenly to people with these initials then I would think about voting for him. There are also very few constitutionally qualified candidates who if they were running against him wouldn't get my vote. Most of these are in his cabinet, on fox news, or on talk radio.

John Cole
04-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Mr. President,

What was plan B?

Cyrus
04-13-2004, 07:45 PM
-- What is the amount of spending for the war in Iraq above which you are not prepared to go?

(Let me repeat the question, Mr President...)

John Cole
04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, if you saw the news conference, you know the answer: "Stay the course."

PuppetMaster
04-13-2004, 11:33 PM

WillMagic
04-14-2004, 12:50 AM
His actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have, certainly.

His actions on the domestic front...i.e. his inability to refuse any spending plan that crosses his desk, his inability to stay strong on free trade (remember the steel tariffs?), his inability to keep this country from plunging into a massive debt...in general a complete disregard for fiscal responsibility...

these things have NOT helped.

I'm still voting for Bush though. Kerry wouldn't do any better in regard to sound economic policy.

Will

Chris Alger
04-14-2004, 01:30 AM

andyfox
04-14-2004, 01:30 AM
His actions in office thus far may already have assured that we will indeed be waging war on terror for generations to come.

andyfox
04-14-2004, 01:31 AM
"His actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have, certainly."

Have certainly what?

Cyrus
04-14-2004, 03:12 AM

PuppetMaster
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PuppetMaster
04-14-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hetron
04-14-2004, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have, certainly.

His actions on the domestic front...i.e. his inability to refuse any spending plan that crosses his desk, his inability to stay strong on free trade (remember the steel tariffs?), his inability to keep this country from plunging into a massive debt...in general a complete disregard for fiscal responsibility...

these things have NOT helped.

I'm still voting for Bush though. Kerry wouldn't do any better in regard to sound economic policy.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

How could Kerry do any worse? I have more faith in Kerry balancing the budget than I do in Bush's ability to ever do it.

Wake up CALL
04-15-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How could Kerry do any worse? I have more faith in Kerry balancing the budget than I do in Bush's ability to ever do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with this balanced budget crusade? Economically it is not all it's cracked up to be particularly by the manner in which Kerry wants to accomplish this goal by increasing taxes which decreases productivity. A growing economy with proper economic stimulus coupled with reduced spending on social programs by congress will enable the deficit to be reduced without harming our currently expanding domestic productivity cycle.

Gamblor
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
"Thousand points of light"

southerndog
04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Do you douche?

Gamblor
04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Disdain for facts, disdain for democracy, disdain for the press. Time for a change.

I don't doubt Bush's disdain for democracy or the press.

Are you implying that the press is 100% neutral in it's reporting?

I.e. there is no underlying biases in favour of, say...

- the underdog
- increasing entertainment value
- increasing circulation
- libertarian views, necessary in allowing reporters to freely "report"

all of which point to an anti-Iraq War and anti-Bush slant?

How on earth could a reporter making $65,000 a year possibly support a President who sends 500,000 soldiers to a foreign country while he sits and rakes in millions from the Old Boys club?

I'm not saying I support Bush, but facts are easily manufactured. Both ways.