PDA

View Full Version : Another AA hand--play it any differently?

ctv1116
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

My PT notes have CO as extremely loose (64% VPIP) and extremely passive (0.80% PFR).

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (10.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (15.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Kd Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Hero shows Ah Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 15.75 BB. </font>

cold_cash
04-13-2004, 10:31 AM
You were right about the CO.

I don't know how you could have played this differently. Even though he thought he was being tricky by check-raising you on the river, he just saved you a few bets by waiting so long.

ZootMurph
04-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Definitely passive... Didn't raise or 3 bet preflop with KK. Didn't raise the top set with a possible flush draw on board. He lost SEVERAL BBs on this hand.

I honestly don't see how you could have played it differently with the straight draw on the river combined with the reraise... you had to assume it was a crying call at this point. Although I would think I was beat with a straight or two pair... not the top set.

Nak
04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
I am new to this forum, so my opinion might not mean much. It seems that you did all you could, but it is CO that played poorly. Yes, it worked out brilliantly for him in this situation, but if he continues to be so passive he is going to get people with flush draws hanging around and beating him. Another point: with so many people in the pot, you could have tried a check-raise. I know it's crazy because you raised pre-flop, but in those micro-limit games it could be that the King on the board will still get some action-it depends on your particular table. Just some thoughts.

Nak