PDA

View Full Version : Value Bet Question....

sthief09
04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
6 max game, but my question is about the river, so I'm posting it here...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

so if he had anything on the flop, then he's got me beat. he's also in perfect position to bluff raise this, and these games tend to be really, really aggressive

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

deacsoft
04-13-2004, 11:14 AM
I like the check here. Most of the time you get called by a better hand or check raised by something. Worst case senario you check, find out you had the best hand, and miss one BB. Not the end of the world. Nice play.

Bob T.
04-13-2004, 12:26 PM
He should probably call you down if he has say, pocket tens here. You should bet to give him the opportunity.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Louie Landale
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
If he's aggressive he's sure to have raised with a K or 4 by now. Does he have exactly a 7? Probably not; but chances are reasonable compared to other hands he can call with like AQ or 88.

Check-Call is routine if he's a bluffer; expecially if you don't know what to do if he DOES raise. Bet-Fold is routine if he's a caller. Check-Fold is routine if he's weak-tight. Bet-Call is routine if he's a complete maniac; unless you feel sporty and want to Bet-ReRaise.

This decision is a LOT easier if you spend your free time profiling the players ahead of time.

- Louie

bernie
04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This decision is a LOT easier if you spend your free time profiling the players ahead of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!!

b