PDA

View Full Version : KK from MP

Askilus
04-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

<font color="green">UTG+1 is unknow, new to the table. Mp1 is a typical Party .5/1 player.</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green">Raise for information? Or for a free card if I don't hit on the turn? Or do I fold to the ace high flop. Due to the action PF i'm probobly behind at this point, right?</font>

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16.25 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

<font color="green">I guess it's the flop i need some advice on in this case. The turn and river seems quite straight forward to me?</font>

sublime
04-13-2004, 09:34 AM
I am on a roll today /images/graemlins/smile.gif but will take a stab.

I think for UTG1 to cap with anything but AK, AA, QQ would be a tad much, so yes I would assume you are behind.

I am interested to see what other have to say regarding fold/call here.

chief444
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
The fact that UTG+1 capped pf and led out on the flop with an Ace and Queen on the board tells me you are probably behind on the flop. You might raise, get called, but still be behind. Against an average player, I have all the information I need to fold the flop. Otherwise your play looks OK. I'd be interested to see the results. It looks to me like you may have still lost the hand to MP1, but if he's a typical micro party player than your river bet may be a good play.

ZootMurph
04-13-2004, 11:02 AM
UTG+1 had Jacks. He capped preflop, then bet out to see where he was on the flop. Called the turn hoping for J or T, then folded the river knowing A, K, or Q beat him.

Got no clue what MP1 has. Guessing, in order of preference, JT, KQ, AK, KJ, AJ, QJ. Think he hit the straight but didn't bet it because of the flush draw... other possibilities include two pair or pair and straight draw. Too many possibilities. Can rule out flush because he didn't reraise, and he was in with all the betting preflop.

As to the flop, you showed strength preflop. When the Ace comes up, you just call. In my opinion, you have to semi-bluff raise at least once, for information as well as to continue to show strength and possibly steal the pot. A reraise on the flop would signal me to fold to the Aces.

Again, with all the raising preflop, I can rule out a flush. With MP1 betting out on the turn, I guess he has straight or two pairs, or he is trying to buy it since you showed weakness on the flop and UTG+1 showed weakness by checking. UTG+1 is done on the flop. 80% chance you have MP1 beat (only a straight will beat you), so the raise is in order, IMO.

When he did not reraise, and checked to you on the river, I would have bet out assuming an 80% chance to be ahead. If he went through all those preflop raises with JT or two weak clubs, then more power to him... you'll get it back later.

Interested to see results.

Askilus
04-13-2004, 11:08 AM
MP1 shows 2d Ad (two pair, aces and twos).
Hero shows Ks Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB.

StellarWind
04-13-2004, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise for information?

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you want to know? You are hopelessly behind against AA, AK, QQ, AQ, and AJ. Your basic hopes here are that he has the outstanding KK for a tie or that he's gone overboard with a lower pair. Note that most random micro players will not cap with any hands except AA, KK, sometimes QQ, and maybe AK. Also MP1 the calling station just called again and could have an ace or a flush draw.

You are overwhelmingly likely to be behind and drawing to 0-2 outs. It will cost you 2 SB to "raise for information" in which case he could either 3-bet with JJ or call you down with AK because you have no idea how he plays. Instead you could try for a cheap showdown by calling him down. That will cost 5 SB.

Save your money. Fold the flop.