PDA

View Full Version : Pocket kings go down to 92 sooted

cjromero
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
I played on a Party 1/2 table flast night and watched possibly the worst player in Party history go on an incredible streak of winning more than 75 BB in less than an hour. He took a good bit of money from me, and for the first time in a while I let his constant suck outs get to me. What follows is the first example of a bad night. Could I or should I have played this any differently? When you see the results, you won't believe what Mr. Suckout had in the BB.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jc Tc (high card, jack).
BB shows 9s 2s (straight, six high).
Hero shows Ks Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>

Even though I lost, I thought I played this hand okay, with the possible exception of the river check, which was probably too weak given that no one had 3-bet the flop or raised the turn.

Joe Tall
04-13-2004, 09:00 AM
What follows is the first example of a bad night. Could I or should I have played this any differently?

Yes, bet the river.

I can't believe you opponent didn't bet the river, you are right, he does suck.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ZootMurph
04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree with Joe Tall... he does suck.

However, I disagree with Joe Tall... DON'T bet the river. Open ended straight on board needing a 2 or 7, with the blinds still in... If you are winning, you take down the pot whether you bet or not. If you are not, you get check raised, which happens FAR too frequently on Party micro games. I think it is the ONLY type of play Party players know.

The extra loss is not worth the possible gain... betting could lose you two bets if you lose to one if you win. Not betting loses you nothing if you lose and wins nothing if you win. Overall, it's negative EV.

Tosh
04-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Looks like a clear river value bet.

Tosh
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Why would you call a check raise ?

Joe Tall
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I agree with Joe Tall... he does suck.

He only sucks for not betting the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall