PDA

View Full Version : "aggression" hands from tonight..

Joe826
04-13-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm still trying to stop being a weak-tight little girly, any comments would be great.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Hand 2: Probably a questionable SB call to begin with..

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Do you think I should have bet into the flop? If I had to do it over again I would. The bad news is, UTG had Qs9c.

Hand 3:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between UTG, Hero and MP2.</font>

Kluddeludde
04-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Alright, let's take them one at a time.

Hand 1:
No weak-tight tendencies here.
Preflop reraise: Auto. Could very well be on a steal and with such a strong hand as AQo, you should always be reraising.
Flop bet and reraise: You have top pair heads-up against a possible blind steal. Bet and 3-bet if raised. He could very well be on a weak ace.
Turn bet and call: Turn should always be bet. When he raises you it is time to slow down, just as you did.
River call: The pot is big.

Hand 2:
Don't think it is a questionable completion in the SB, you can expect a multiway pot and it is only half a bet for you. However, when BB raises I would be inclined to fold this one. On the flop I think you did the right thing. BB has been the aggressor and if you bet into this flop, don't be surprised if he raises you and forces out hands that you would have liked to have in.

Turn is fine. On the river however, I would probably check this one and call if he bets. He will raise with hands that beat you and you probably have to pay off, but he will very likely fold all hands that you beat. Check-call this one.

Hand 3:
Questionable call preflop. You would need at least one more call before you unless you can be sure that several people will call after you.

Flop: Cap it.
Turn: Bet into him. If he raises you, call him down.
River: Fine.

Kludde

Joe826
04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks Kluddelude - Sometimes I assume the worst when I should just bite the bullet and cap it, like on hand 3. I thought he may have flopped a straight or something. Turns out he had QJ, ouch.