PDA

View Full Version : Great flop, wrong river.

BottlesOf
04-13-2004, 01:50 AM
No read on the villain, overall the table played loose/bad

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19.50 BB, between SB, Hero and MP2.</font>

Yeknom58
04-13-2004, 02:26 AM
I don't think I could resist capping the river either.

skunkworks
04-13-2004, 03:39 AM
I don't think 3-betting the river is that bad, and I wouldn't mind having it capped either. If someone was holding AK, AJ, A3, AA, KK, JJ, or even 33, I'd figure I would have heard from them by the time the river comes up. If they were actually holding a hand like that, they didn't make much extra money from you. Any typical player would pop that on the flop or river, and you would pop them right back, so either way if you lost you're going to lose around the same amount.

Any dissenters? Was MP2 sandbagging to get more money from SB, maybe?

SpaceAce
04-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Whenever I see hands like this I find myself thinking, "Well, if he had two pair or a set he would have played it stronger," and yet I fully expect you to tell us you were beaten. I am very wary of reraising in spots like this because over and over and over again my opponents show me A3, JJ, AJ and so on no matter how unlikely they seem given the pre-river play.

SpaceAce

Kluddeludde
04-13-2004, 07:31 AM
I would play it like this every time. He hasn't given you any indication that he has more than top pair (his calls could indicate a draw, but given the action on the river I find that unlikely), and I would expect to win here more often than not, even though he capped the river.

Kludde

BottlesOf
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, dude had AK. Yuck.

Kluddeludde
04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
He played it horribly on every street, except the river.

Kludde