PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do?

ZootMurph
04-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (6.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ts 6s (flush, ace high).
Hero shows Jh Qh (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: SB wins 6.50 BB. </font>

JoeU
04-12-2004, 09:28 PM
That A /images/graemlins/spade.gif is probably the worst card for you in the river. Any K, any 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif's and the party's over. You have a strong hand and the flop raise should be pretty standard. Improvement on the turn is an automatic bet, especially if he is on a draw. The river is unfortunate. I think if you bet, you either get raised or called by possibly a better hand. Checking it down in this spot is ok.

Joe

ZootMurph
04-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks.

My big concern was whether or not I should have bet the river. With a possible Broadway straight, Aces over, and flush on that river card, and the fact that most .5/1 Party players LOVE to check/raise, I just didn't feel I could bet.

I was also curious about my preflop play. I usually won't raise a hand like this in middle position, and I wanted to know what others think.