PDA

View Full Version : Two scenarios

05-11-2002, 01:52 AM
I'm still kind of unexperienced, any help you all could give me would be appreciated. These are both in way loose .25/.50 games.

1. I'm on the button w/ AQo. UTG calls, 2 MP callers, me, and BB. 5 see flop.

Flop [KT6r]. UTG bets, one MP calls, I call, BB calls.

Turn [4]. UTG bets, MP calls, I fold.

Of course, an Ace fell on the river and I folded the best hand. Should I have called the turn bet? I was figuring I had 7 outs (an A or J) and that would seem to indicate a call, but then I was trying to factor in the chance of UTG w/ 2-pair or MP w/ a set, so I might have had as few as 4 outs.

2. I'm UTG with AA. I raise, 5 callers! Flop [T88]. I bet, four calls. Turn and river were blanks, I bet and still two callers after the river. One of them shows three 8s and I lose. What can I do against these people? I was assuming a good player would raise with trips, so I figured I still had the best hand. They are so unpredictable. And when they do raise, they often have nothing, so I couldn't have folded anyway.

05-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Hand #1. It appears that you limped in preflop. This is a mistake. Raise preflop here almost 100% of the time. If you do that, then you can bet the flop, take the free turn card and you take it down. Part of the value in raising preflop with position is giving your cards maximum opportunity to win the hand.

Hand #2. You played it fine. Most of the time someone with an 8 would have raised you on the turn. When they all call, you correctly assumed your hand was good and bet. Well played despite the result.

05-11-2002, 04:56 PM