PDA

View Full Version : Is this the appropriate no fold'em strategy?

nihil
04-12-2004, 08:08 PM
I find myself breaking even mostly (slight in the red), and losing my fair share of hands such as taking KK to the river head's up to get beaten by a straight by someone holding 24o. That's a pretty extreme example, and I'm not all too experienced at Hold'em yet, but I wanted to ask a general question...

At such low limits, is it necessary to be carrying a monster hand to the showdown, as people are inclined to play anything? Granted it's important to know what's happening on the board, but I have such a hard time understanding what people have because people play the most insane stuff.

I realize that I've got many things to learn and it would be tough to glean much information from this post, but my basic question is that in low limits, does one really need to win with huge hands?

Thanks

bisonbison
04-12-2004, 08:12 PM
In a word: not really.

Top pair, best kicker will remain your bread and butter. High pocket pairs will make you a ton of money, often unimproved.

If you have strategy questions, it's really best to post specific hands.

Kluddeludde
04-12-2004, 08:45 PM
You really don't need to worry. Yup, you're KK will be sucked out from time to time, but you will make that up, plus some (read: alot), when they don't catch that miracle card.

Don't worry.

Kludde

Tosh
04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I noticed the other day that over 35k hands AA alone accounted for 60% of my overall profit.