PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNGs: STARS 8PM GMT/4PM EDT TUESDAY & 9:30PM EDT THURSDAY

DrPhysic
04-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Here's your 2+2 SNG game schedule.

"EURO" 2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/4PM EDT TUESDAY Apr 13
LOOK FOR t_perkin_2+2 or Stone_Eyes SIGNON.

"US" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EDT THURSDAY Apr 15
Look for DrPhysic or VinnyTheFish signon.

Despite the new names, anyone is welcome to play.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc

PrayingMantis
04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EURO" 2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/4PM EDT TUESDAY Apr 13
LOOK FOR t_perkin_2+2 or Stone_Eyes SIGNON

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just realized that 8pm GMT is not the same hour as 4pm EDT. So, when is the SNG? in 17 minutes, or 1:17 hours? Or am I confused and all is good?

byronkincaid
04-13-2004, 02:49 PM
I think it's meant to be 9PM UK time

PrayingMantis
04-13-2004, 02:59 PM
You mean in one hour?

byronkincaid
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah it is confusing but I think 8pm GMT = 9pm British Summer Time = 4pm Eastern Daylight Time = 3pm Eastern Standard time = in about 1 hour from now ( phew ).

I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif

byronkincaid
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Actually Praying I'm afraid you've missed it. You'll just have to win again next week old chap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 03:11 PM
LOL - did no-one tell him it was last night at 7pm!!

The things poker players do to swing that EV /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AJo Go All In
04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
i'd like to play in this (in 40 minutes?) but i have no money on stars. would anyone transfer me some money in exchange for party money?

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
I have no account with party but you should maybe pm tim or others and ask - i'm sure they'd be happy enough to exchange

stoneii

PrayingMantis
04-13-2004, 03:28 PM
LOL. I had actually this one second of: "wait a minute - they're trying to trick me out of this game, by switching all these time zones numbers and stuff!"

EDT, GMT... You know I have my own time zone, 2 hours ahead of UK, and they changed it here too a few days ago, so it's even more confusing.

But of course, it didn't work for you. That's becuase I'm ALWAYS two steps ahead... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AJo Go All In
04-13-2004, 03:35 PM
sorry, PM who?

Poker Jon
04-13-2004, 04:02 PM

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 04:05 PM
yes i see that - well there's 5 players in now - how many are we today?

there's 8 now so i'll wait it out - hopefully shouldn't be too long

stoneii

josie_wales
04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I was wondering what I need to do to get into the SnG

"US" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EDT THURSDAY Apr 15

Do I need a password? What time do sings ups start and how do i find the table?

Thanks guys:)

JW

Bubbagump
04-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Based on other posts I've read from previous weeks, go to the 2 table SNG lobby just before 9:30pm EST. The first $10 SNG that opens after 9:30, will be the one. You should see either DrPhysic or VinyTheFish registered at the table. From what I've read, the tables fill quick so you have to be ready.

If I can get a seat, I plan on playing tonight also. It will be my first 2+2 SNG. See you there! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bubbagump

Steven Punk
04-15-2004, 05:01 PM
My champion will be hunting Simon Diamond in this tourney! Revenge will be sweat and torture will be slow!

Simon Diamond
04-15-2004, 06:58 PM
My champion will be hunting Simon Diamond in this tourney!

God, I'm really popular in these events aren't I! You will have to join the queue of people after my head Punk.

Simon

DrPhysic
04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
PM,
I did not see your post until just now (Thurs PM). Lets see if we can clarify the times. Here is what Tim gave me for the Euro game, plus the US game times:

EURO game is:
8pm GMT
9pm BST
10pm European Summer Time (CEST)
3pm EST
4pm EDT (This is what the Stars lobby clock will show)

US game is:
9:30PM EDT (This is what the Stars lobby clock will show)
8:30PM CDT
7:30PM MDT
6:30PM PDT

I think the confusion is because Tim listed the basic euro time listing as GMT to give all the countries and time zones a base time to convert from.

UK time at this time is British Summer Time BST as I understand it, which is an hour later.

If this is confusing or there is a better way to post it, somebody who is accustomed to European time zones and which countries do what with summer or daylight time, please make a suggestion as to how it should be listed.

Doc /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DrPhysic
04-15-2004, 07:56 PM
I see we are getting questions again about the SNG games. Here is the basic info:

Welcome to the 2+2 SNG gang.

There is no signup or registration.

You will see a notice on Tournament Forum (TF), 1 Table Tournament Forum (1TTF), and Internet Forum (Zoo), usually on Mondays. Read it. Sometimes the days, times, or people starting the game change.

Sometimes there is a Saturday 13+1 game announced separately that is a satellite to the Sunday 200+15. Rules for that game if you win are: 1) Report from the Sunday game required, and 2) If you win it, everybody gets their satellite entry fee back. (Sunday win was $68000 this week, entry fees typically $14 each)

It helps if you pm me with your signon at Stars. That way we know who is who in the game. Not required if you wish to remain in hiding. Some do, and it is respected.

The person starting the game will sign on to the first available empty $10+1 18 player NLHE SNG on Stars after the specified start time. It may take a few minutes after the hour for a previous table to fill.

I log on as DrPhysic, Vinny as VinnyTheFish, Stoneii as Stone_Eyes, Tim as t_perkin_2+2, AleoMagus as Shub314. That's how you find the table.

I recommend you be quick. We fill 18 seats in the US evening game in 30 to 45 seconds. AleoMagus and Simon are keeping the leaderboard. If the first game fills up, and you want to start a second game, it will count toward the leaderboard if there are (I forget if it’s 8 or 9) 2+2 players.

During the game you may show cards if you wish. Play your own game. I highly recommend that you pay attention to poker. I find that difficult while ROFLMAO (rolling on floor laughing my ass off) at the chat line.

There is a report posted on 1TTF after the game. Your name may be used in vain if you either really blow it, or whip the old pros. This is a great opportunity for learners (like me) to get a chance to play with highly experienced poker players who are coming down from $50/$100/$200 games to play with the 2+2 gang.

Players are invited to post their good, bad, or ??? hands in the report thread.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

See you at the game.

Doc

Simon Diamond
04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
The easiest way is to go by Stars lobby clock surely? People can keep their eyes on that, and make adjustments accordingly.

So if the game starts at 21:30 EDT, and you check the lobby and it says 20:00 it's simply a matter of looking at the clock in your house and adding 1.5 hours on - you then have the start time in your area. Is that difficult? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

William
04-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Games are 9.00 PM and 04.30 AM European time. The brits have their own as usual, they still live in the dark ages...

William

Stoneii
04-16-2004, 04:58 AM
William

True, but you should try N.ireland for much much darker ages /images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, the euro game is also at 9pm in UK too!

You've been noticed by your silence of late, playing live?

G'Luck

stoneii