PDA

View Full Version : Chickened out on the river

hokke
04-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)
Button is pretty new to the table, so no read at all.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Since I haven't seen much of Button before, my guess when he didn't reraise was that he had a king, a flush draw or was just trying to take it down right there.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

That was about the only card I didn't want to see, and now I just want to get the cheapest possible SD. Chicken?

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

bisonbison
04-12-2004, 06:06 PM
I think the river is fine, though I like to bet this flop.

hokke
04-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Normally I would bet this flop, but I hadn't seen a single flop being checked through for some time so I thought the CR was very likely to succeed.

sublime
04-12-2004, 06:57 PM
I would have played it the same way.