PDA

View Full Version : Limit or No Limit when clearing a bonus & why? (NM)

Styles
04-12-2004, 05:32 PM

La Brujita
04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
I think you should just look at a bonus as a rake rebate and continue to play or work on what interests you, what you need to work on or what makes you the most money (or loses you the least). If you are trying to improve nl, play nl. If you like limit play limit.

Adde
04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Limit, and lower than my normal game. Not for any rational reason, rather emotional. If I get a bonus and lose that amount (or more) while getting it, it truly feels like I have wasted some time of my life that I will never get back. On the other hand, if losing as much while playing without a bonus, it just feels as a normal swing.

When playing for a bonus I tend to go for minimizing risk of losing rather than maximizing chance of winning. Thus, no No Limit for me.

Not the most rational thinking, I know, but I can't help myself.

Thythe
04-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Maybe this is just me, but with all the softwares and reload bonuses out there I'm rarely playing without a bonus. But anyway, I feel like playing higher limits (still within your capability of course). That way if you lose, it's just the bonus money, but if you win, you build confidence and can move up easier.

Pretzel
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Adde,
I feel the exact same way when I clear a bonus. I usually play 3 or 4 party 3-6 tables, but when I have a bonus pending i immediately drop down to 1/2. Then as soon as the bonus is done i go back to 3/6. I get the same very upset feeling when i lose more than the bonus amount while playing for the bonus.
So to summarize... I HEAR YA' BROTHER

Pretzel

UTGunner
04-12-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Adde,
I feel the exact same way when I clear a bonus. I usually play 3 or 4 party 3-6 tables, but when I have a bonus pending i immediately drop down to 1/2. Then as soon as the bonus is done i go back to 3/6. I get the same very upset feeling when i lose more than the bonus amount while playing for the bonus.
So to summarize... I HEAR YA' BROTHER

Pretzel

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't understand. I clear 5 Cryptologic bonuses a month with typically at least one for a loss. But the loss on one or two skins doesn't matter as long as I'm playing well.

This month, I just could not win on William Hill, but I was unbeatable on TotalBet - go figure.

crockpot
04-13-2004, 04:21 AM
depends some on where you're clearing the bonus. if any raked hands work, no-limit is fine since virtually every pot is raked as long as there's a flop. if you're on UB or stars, where a lot of pots at micro-NL won't generate much rake, you're unlikely to clear the bonus very fast.