PDA

View Full Version : Idiot hand #3

05-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Red threes in BB. One raise to me, lotsa callers, so I´ve got an easy call here. UTG now 3-bets and UTG+1 (Lady, raise means nothing) caps. Great. Same situation as before, I of course have to call again.

Flop: Qc4d3c. Yippee!!! (This time without ironic undertune). I bet out - but then I see that the player to my immediate right is still in the hand and has just bet simultaneously with me. I just think "Oh well, let one of the reraiser raise, then I will pop it back". Of course no one does any absurd thing such as raising in an attempt to increase his chances to win a giant pot, so more or less everyone sees the turn card (I of course planning to raise the bettor now).

Turn: 6 (no club). Checked to me, I bet, 2 or 3 callers, a chinese raises. I go like "Oh f**k, he´s got the straight" (after all what would any sane person be raising with here if not a really strong holding, minimum two pair). I call (great, I know) as do the others.

River: Q. Not exactly what I wanted to see what with the chinese raising. He bets, I call (so as to attract other callers and not to get reraised if he really has got a higher full house).

Results:

Everyone folds, he shows Q5o (???) I win a giant pot and toss the dealer $3.

05-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Gutsy preflop call. You got lucky to hit the flop. Looks like you were not the idiot on that table. Nice win :>)

05-11-2002, 07:50 AM
cause if I had played skillfully, I would have ended up with an addtional $30 or so.

05-11-2002, 08:01 AM

05-11-2002, 08:22 AM