PDA

View Full Version : Two hands

afs
04-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I know these were played poorly; all expressions of disgust & contempt are appreciated. Plus specific criticism would be awesome.

B&M 3/6

Hand 1:

(Sat down maybe 20 hands back, haven't had anything playable outside of the blinds. Beautiful loose passive game.)

1) Hero is UTG+2 w/ 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds. UTG+1 folds. Hero raises. MP1 calls. MP2 raises. CO calls. Button calls. SB calls. BB folds. Hero calls. MP1 calls.

2) Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks. Hero checks. MP1 bets. MP2 calls. CO calls. Button folds. SB calls. Hero folds.

3) Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks. MP1 bets. MP2 calls. CO folds. SB folds.

4) River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP1 checks. MP2 bets. MP1 calls.

Hand 2:
BB is very loose passive.

1) Hero is BB w/ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls. UTG+1 folds. UTG+2 calls. MP1 calls. MP2 folds. MP3 folds. CO calls. Button calls. SB completes. Hero checks.

2) Flap: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets. BB raises. UTG+1 raises. UTG+2 folds. MP1 folds. CO folds. Button folds. SB caps. BB calls. UTG+1 calls.

3) Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets. BB calls. UTG+1 folds.

4) River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets. BB calls.

MaxPower
04-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Hand 1 - I usually wouldn't raise pocket 9s in EP in a loose passive game.

Folding the flop is terrible. Sure, if Jack comes you could lose to AK or if a 9 comes you could loose to any Jack, but the pot is so large that you have to see the turn.

Hand 2 - I assume you mean that the SB is loose passive because you were the BB. If the SB is loose passive you can definitely fold on the river.

afs
04-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks much. This is exactly what I thought -- needed to hear someone else say it.

I'm not sure raising the 9s was _so_ bad -- hadn't played a hand, and I think my image was mighty tight. Probably _slightly_ worse than limping (unless you plan on folding to a single bet on a pretty favorable flop -- yeah. Kicking self.)

Yeah, I meant the SB was lp. GOD was she lp -- saw 80-90% of flops, raised 3 hands out of ~200. And still managed to do ok, because unlike other players she'd fold on the turn if she hadn't hit low pair or something.

I think this sort of game might be really bad for me -- I _win_, but if you can win just by playing decent starting hands, it's easy to keep lazy/sloppy habits & not realize they're costing money.

sthief09
04-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Raising 99 is definitely not SO bad. I think it's one of those hands, like KQ and AJ, that's a matter of personal preference. When the first 2 fold, I think it's reasonable to raise.

I agree with MaxPower about the rest, especially about not folding the flop there with AA