PDA

View Full Version : TT turns a set on scary board

JDErickson
04-12-2004, 04:13 PM
No readon opponent

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Well obviously my opponent hit the straight. Was this worth calling down?

Jim

bdk3clash
04-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I'd have raised preflop.

Other than that, looks good to me. On the turn, you're getting the odds to call just on your full house draw alone, and there's a chance (albeit a small one) that you're ahead.

On the river, obviously this is player dependent, but getting 5:1 I'm calling and hoping he got frisky.

Tough hand. Wrong out on the turn! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BigEndian
04-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Easy call down heads up without other reads imo. The only question is whether you fold the river really, you are going to go there regardless since your outs are many even if he does have the straight.

- Jim