PDA

View Full Version : Help me Stop The bleeding

bgtas
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
I have recently started playing online poker for about 2 months and I have lost about 5k. I try to play only premium cards and i am patient. I have played .50/1.00 up to $30/$60.I have wasted alot of money on tournaments.I did win one tournament that payed around $900 witch i later on lost at the tables. Im not sure what im doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how to stop the bleeding. Also my bankroll now is around $50 lol.Im laughing out of sadness here. [list] Bgtas@aol.com

nykenny
04-12-2004, 03:27 PM
study, reload, and don't play so big.

Kenny

Kenshin
04-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I am willing to review 100 consecutive hands if you wish me too...

Kenshin

LikesToLose
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Two statements that don't go together:
[ QUOTE ]
i am patient

[/ QUOTE ]
and
[ QUOTE ]
I have played .50/1.00 up to $30/$60

[/ QUOTE ]
let's add a third statement:
[ QUOTE ]
2 months and I have lost about 5k

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can only be playing premium hands and losing that kind of money. I would strongly advise that you buy some books. Spend some of the $2,500 that you are going to lose next month. Read the books and play the play 'play money' tables until you can beat them.

csuf_gambler
04-12-2004, 04:31 PM
how do u go from 05./1 to 30/60?

namknils
04-12-2004, 05:37 PM
If you're able to lose $5,000 in your first two months playing poker maybe it's not for you. You cannot be patient if you play $30/60 before you have even really learned the game. Being patient is learning and playing the .5/1 and 1/2 for many, many hours for a decent hourly rate (even though its only a couple bucks) and then moving up.

astroglide
04-12-2004, 05:41 PM
patiently.

wrongpond
04-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Everybody's given you good advice in this thread so far. Here are some of the books that they're referring to. "Texas Hold'Em" written by Sklansky and published by... you guessed it 2+2 publishing, also look at Lee Jones' "Winning Low Limit Hold'Em" not sure who publishes that on though. Read these and don't play any higher then 3-6 (of course your bankroll will need a boost to handle even those limits) Pay special attention to the hand groups in Sklansky's book and the starting requirements in Lee Jones' book. You should read thoroughly the section in Sklanskys book about good and bad flops for starting hands, maybe your playing premium hands but playing them with flops that can really get you into tough spots, and this will eat any beginner alive.

suckafish