PDA

View Full Version : Phil Mickelson is no longer the Phil Ivey of golf....

CrisBrown
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi All,

That's right. Having finally won a major tournament, and in grand style, Phil Mickelson is no longer the Phil Ivey of golf: the best player never to win a major tournament.

Cris

P.S. Well, they look so much alike, and they're both named Phil....

rbenuck4
04-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Don't you mean Phil Mickelson is no longer the T.J. Cloutier of golf. I think he's the best player who's never won the world series.

The Prince
04-12-2004, 12:27 PM
yeah...

what a back nine. The last 2 Masters were simply great entertainment.

fat_nutz
04-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually, I think you mean that Phil Ivey is no longer the TJ Cloutier of golf. That, and also that I'd take a piece of Mrs. Mickelson with a side of spicy mustard, thank you.

CrisBrown
04-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi rbenuck,

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you mean Phil Mickelson is no longer the T.J. Cloutier of golf. I think he's the best player who's never won the world series.

[/ QUOTE ]

T.J. hasn't won the WSOP, but he's won dozens of major tournaments. Phil Ivey hasn't won a major tournament yet, though I'm certain he will soon. And the entire post was facetious to begin with.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cris

rtucker5
04-12-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey hasn't won a major tournament yet, though I'm certain he will soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 4 WSOP bracelets, but no major tournament wins. Something doesn't seem right.

fat_nutz
04-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Would it be fair to say that the Phil Ivey of golf is the Phil Mickelson of poker? Neither has a major win in each other's sport.

TylerD
04-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Four WSOP bracelets (http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/wsop/winners2000s.htm)

Luke
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I found it funny that Phil Hellmuth, a player who is constantly ridiculed for being a bad limit HE player and also someone who wrote a book with horrible limit HE advice, was able to win a Limit Hold 'em Tournament at the WSOP. It wasn't the biggest Limit HE event and maybe the field wasn't very large but still...

Luke

Festus22
04-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Retard moment:

What are poker's "majors"?

Nottom
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found it funny that Phil Hellmuth, a player who is constantly ridiculed for being a bad limit HE player and also someone who wrote a book with horrible limit HE advice, was able to win a Limit Hold 'em Tournament at the WSOP. It wasn't the biggest Limit HE event and maybe the field wasn't very large but still...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough even Mason said his Limit HE tourney advice was pretty good.