PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker

sublime
04-12-2004, 09:44 AM
And I know this would be better suited for another forum, but I like the click we have here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What should I look for in my oppenents?

VP$IP?
Flops saw %?

Is there a set amount of hands before it is even worth noting?

sublime
04-13-2004, 11:48 AM

Tosh
04-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Preflop raises and aggression factor can be useful.

eric5148
04-13-2004, 12:20 PM
It's rather pointless to try and get a complete understanding of a particular opponents game, simply because you'll never play enough hands with them.

You can get a general idea ofd how loose/tight and passive/aggressive they are from the vol. put $ in pot % and pf raise %. Then look at what their standards are for calling and raising. Look for patterns like calling with any suited connector, any ace, any king etc. Then see if they always raise with premium hands, or slowplay them sometimes. A few players never raise preflop, and some raise with junk like K9o from EP.

eric5148
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Forget what I said, here is a good post from MSsunshine:

Preflop starting hand range and their playing style.

For ring games:

very tight(under 15%sf)
tight(16-21%sf)
med tight(22-26%)
med loose(27-33%)
loose(34-50%)
very loose(over 50%)
nutball(with the exact% in note)

very passive(never raises preflop)
passive(<3%pfr)
med ag(3-6%)
ag(7-10%)
very ag(11-15%)
above 15% I write very ag with %

Blind steal and Defense:

No steal(0% from CO and button)
low steal(under 20%)
avg steal(which I consider to be around 30% not taking blinds tightness into account is 20-35%)
High steal(40-55%)
Always steals(you get the idea)

I consider average BB defense to be a little over 50% in $15-30 to a steal raise.

No defend(well almost none)
weak defend
some defend
low defend
avg defend(50%)
high defend
always defends

The Party bubble hint feature will show about 20 characters when you pass the cursor over the yellow box. The above is what is most important to me anything else, which also is important, like stunts they like to play too much and their general attitude post-flop gets added below the above.

There are many interesting numbers to look at in your past hands, but 5000 hands is still too few IMO. On the General info tab:

Vol put $ in pot

For a ring game this should be in the 16-20% range. Mine is 18%

PFR %(preflop raise)

Preflop raise and blind defense and attack numbers are sensitive to YOUR game selection criteria. I'm always looking for action games trying to be seated directly behind the big LAG and in front of tight players if possible. The range for a winning player is 6-10%, ring game, with mine at 10%.

Attempt to steal blinds

25-40% range for winning players with mine at 33%. This number is the combined steal % for Button and CO.

Folded BB to steal

I use this with Folded SB to steal to judge how well blind defense is, very important in the upper limits. I defend BB 63% in 15-30 and 50% in $10-20.

Went to SD

Mines is about 30%, but the only use I get out of this is LAG's that have a number here below 20%. Loose for pre and flop bets then tight for turn and river bets. YUM.

On the position stats tab there is your Vol put $ in pot for each position. Mine run 9% for UTG to 20% for button. When you click on a position line it will bring up hands that are played from that postion and you can double click to bring HH up which has a playback feature at the top. I look for weakness in the up front plays.

The last stat, when out of wack, I look at is the cold call % for mid-table play.

If you continue to win over 2BB/100 hands than you should consider moving up in limits, with the proper BR of about 300BB.

Hope this helps.

MS Sunshine

p.s. Any upper limit winning player is welcome to point out any errors that they might see.