PDA

View Full Version : Poker Site Hiring

Treehouse
04-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Looking for your dream job? One of the top tier poker sites in CR asked us to put out the word that they are hiring for 2 positions in their marketing and player communitions departments. Must be a very experienced poker player and have excellent written and oral English. One position in CR, one in US. If you are interested email us your resume and a summary of your poker experience and we will forward it immediately to their personnel department. Serious inquiries only please. webmaster@informedgambler.com

Dingo Puppet
04-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Gee, let me guess. Could you be an Absolute Poker affiliate?

Nobody is going to send you their resume buddy. The average IQ is at least 25 here.

Bubmack
04-12-2004, 03:20 AM
I dont see the affiliate angle from that post..Am I missing something?

Dingo Puppet
04-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Yeah, he runs an affiliate link type website. Why anyone would send him a resume to "forward immediately" makes no sense at all. Never send a stranger any personal information, much less a resume.

Losing all
04-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Don't forget to add your credit card numbers. He also has some rich family in Nigeria from what I understand, so you might want to send some banking information there.

Dingo Puppet
04-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Paul Phillips posted his correspondance with the Nigerian scam. It was hilarious. You should check it out on his blog.
I laughed my ass off.

Also, if you are not busy, please email me your resume and I'll forward it immediately to Nigeria. They are looking for CS people.

GrannyMae
04-12-2004, 05:52 PM
I dont see the affiliate angle from that post..Am I missing something?

you are missing nothing Bubs.

however, you may be missing the fact that you are talking to hoppy's new name change.

i'll bet a billion dollars that this top post is sincere and that there are no affiliate angles. there is a TON of need out there for staff with online rooms, and recruitment from message boards like 2+2 and rgp are quite common.

it is likely that the site does not want to advertise the positions direct, and has asked this poster to forward resumes and act as their agent.

p.s. WOO-HOO.. you found the pic!!!

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/071.gif

Slacker13
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Would you also like my mothers maiden name and my social security number.

Dingo Puppet
04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll bet a billion dollars that this top post is sincere and that there are no affiliate angles. there is a TON of need out there for staff with online rooms, and recruitment from message boards like 2+2 and rgp are quite common.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gullible moron alert!!!

LikesToLose
04-13-2004, 08:34 AM
If you want to laugh your ass off some more, check out the quatloos.com site. There is a guy kept up a correspondence for about a month. He had the Nigerian scammer helping him with his campaign to run for governer in California.

Awsome stuff!