PDA

View Full Version : Some weekend Borgata 6/12 hands

sfer
04-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Hand 1 (10 handed):
BB is loose passive, UTG is LAGish (raised non-connected, numbered, suited cards twice preflop, rivered flushes betting/raising all the way)

Hero is the CO-1 with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, I raise, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop (4 players, 8.5 SBs minus rake) : A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, UTG folds, I raise, Button folds, BB 3-bets, I fold.

Routine fold but dumb raise?

Hand 2 (8 handed):
The table was tightening up (several heads-up flops and chopped blinds in the last two orbits) until this hand. UTG is a little tricky, MP is uber-loose/passive, LP is tight unless he has an opportunity to coldcall, button is solid, SB loves to talk shop.

Hero is the BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG raises, MP and LP stay in character, button calls, SB says "Let's make it a party and calls" and I call getting 11 to 1.

Flop (6 players, 12 SBs minus rake): 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, MP calls, LP folds, button calls, SB folds, I call.

Turn (4 players, 8 BBs minus rake): 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [ 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

I check, UTG checks (his overcards missed), MP checks, button hesitates and bets, I pause and raise, folded to the button who thinks, thinks, flashes A2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and folds.

Clearly this worked out about as well as possible. I was hugely lucky to have the button bet and the raise worked out, but was this sensible? Anyone just bet the flop hoping UTG raises and knocks out the other players? Bet a river blank if the button calls?

Hand 3 (10 handed):
Value bet question of the weekend. Avid is to my left. BB is loose, loose, loose, raising any Ace, chasing, over-bluffing, autobetting when checked to him and last to act, the works. MG, who was at the table previously, labeled to him "The Plumber" because of his skill at rivering flushes. The rest are loose passive. UTG+1 limper is sleeping at the table for the second night in a row! When does the floor have to intervene here? Limper to my immediate right is drinking heavily and I'm having a good time with him. He's playing any two, usually to the river. He referred to every waitresses as "Sweetie," at one point asked me, "Honestly, can you read me at all?" and later said, "The cards are coming my way. I think I'm gonna check out 20/40." He did move to 20/40, bless his heart. The table had at least a half-dozen monotone flops and rivered 4 flushes so the chasing was plentiful.

Hero is CO-1 with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

4 limpers to me, I raise, Avid calls, BB calls, the rest call.

Flop (7 players, 14.5 SBs minus rake): J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, Avid folds, three limpers call.

Turn (4 players, 9.25 BBs minus rake): 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

Checked to me, I bet, all call.

River (4 players, 13.25 BBs minus rake): A red 5 [2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

Two limpers, not UTG, visibly grimaced at the river card (no fourth /images/graemlins/club.gif, eh?), so I assumed they weren't calling a river bet. Checked to me, I check, fearing having to pay off a checkraise from a slowplayed flopped flush on the downside but gaining a lone bet on the upside. If I only noticed a wince from a single limper on the river I bet. I think I chickened out. I did, didn't I? Bauk, bauk, bauk.

sthief09
04-12-2004, 02:33 AM
1. I like the raise for the sole reason that you folded to the 3-bet. Even against a LP, it's tough to lay down a PP for one bet. And if he is in fact LP then you know he isn't 3-betting a flush draw here.

2. I would've bet out the flop, hoping UTG would raise for me. But since you checked, I feel that once it comes back around to me with just about everyone having called, I'd probably fold, since you have no real outs. Basically your only hope is a runner runner K followed by a high card so you can split the pot. I think this is a really good river bet, partly because you could tell he hesitated, and partly because the pot is so huge, and since he's solid, he's capable of making a fold

3. there's nothing wrong with passing out at the table. Last time I was at Turning Stone, toward the end of a ~19 hour session, I asked the dealer to deal me out for a hand so I could take a nap. On to the hand...

I wouldn't bet the river. I wouldn't fear the river check-raise as much as I'd fear that someone with the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, or AxX /images/graemlins/club.gif just caught an ace. If you know these guys missed their flushes, then they won't call. If someone had a J he would've probably raised at some point. I don't think this would be a good bet here.

sfer
04-12-2004, 03:06 AM
On hand 3 the river wasn't an Ace. It was a 5, either heart of diamond; I didn't write it down. I'll edit the original post.

EDIT: Grr. Too late--can't change it.

sthief09
04-12-2004, 03:40 AM
crap, I saw "A red 5" and thought I saw "red A."

yes, then there's no reason to not bet, but I think you realize that