PDA

View Full Version : Should I have slow played

JDErickson
04-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Button is a good player. No read on other opponent

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (13.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (15.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17.66 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (17.66 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
Hero shows Ac As (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.66 BB. </font>

Should I have smooth called the flop?

sthief09
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
you had no way of knowing this, but button probably had KK, QQ, or JJ, and might not have bet the turn if checked to. generally I'd check-raise the turn, but I don't think it really makes much of a difference here.

BB either has a draw or a weak ace and would've probably paid off 2 cold on the turn.

but in general with a board that is not straight coordinated, I usually prefer to wait for the turn. you aren't letting anyone catch up that wouldn't have called the flop, and you collect an extra SB the 4 out of 5 times that the flush draw doesn't connect.

slavic
04-12-2004, 02:09 AM
No you don't slow play this board. Every person in the hand should call, flush draws will call, gut shots should call but may fold. You may get raised so you can 3 bet, there are all kinds of good things to charge extra money to.

On the turn I like to bet because making it 3 bets to go is a lot more fun than check raising.