PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Still Not F-ing Impressed

andyfox
04-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Showing how much the first fine got to him, Shaq again used the F-word on live TV today. Dismal performance by the Lakers, both during the game, and after, when even Phil Jackson refused to meet with the press.

Is this Minnesota's year?

banditbdl
04-11-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this Minnesota's year?

[/ QUOTE ]
God I hope so, I've only been waiting my entire (albeit young) sporting life for us to win one freaking playoff series, now they're teasing me and and I'm dreaming of a heavyweight Western Conference Finals battle. As everyone knows the actual Finals are just a formality for the Western champ, although maybe a slightly more challenging one this year.

I'm inclined to agree with Shaq's general statement regarding the Kings even after today's game given 1) the predictable choke fest they pulled against the Wolves Thurs. night. where they turned an 8-point 4th quarter lead into a 8-point home loss 2) the fact they needed this game way more than LA and 3) Kobe's bizarro behavior (no shooting) today.

As a Wolves fans right now the Spurs scare me most, then Lakers, and finally Kings. I would actually be kind of happy if the Wolves lost one of our final 2 games and the Spurs took the 1 seed, as this would pit them against the Lakers in the 2nd round allowing those two to go at it.

andyfox
04-12-2004, 12:25 AM
I share your thoughts, or intution, about the Kings. They just seem like they always do whatever it takes to come out second best. And I know the Lakers were lucky on Horry's shots a few years ago, but still . . .

Minnesota impresses me the most of all the teams. I just don't think San Antonio has enough offensive weaponry. The Lakers looked like they had put it together up until the last four games. Who knows, they could still run through the play-offs unscathed.

They're inexperienced, but Memphis sure looks tough on the boards. Jerry West was a great, great player, but he's no slouch in the front office either. What a job in turning that team around in a hurry.

banditbdl
04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
The Wolves have looked leaps and bounds better than ever before. Their defensive is taking on championship form and no one is hungrier then KG right now. Quote of the week came from the Warrior's Adonal Foyle referring to KG:

"We took away his turnaround, and the baseline. So he goes to the fade. You can't stop the fade. It's ridiculous. There's nothing you can do. You try to get Kevin to use his third option, and then he kills you with the third option."

The Wolves X-factor is Olowokandi, as long as he keeps going for around 10 and 10 coming off the bench they're in great shape, if he falters they're in trouble. Olowokandi hitting the floor with gusto for a loose ball in the Sacto game was perhaps the most encouraging thing I've ever seen.

I really hope Memphis can snag the 5 for a first round matchup with the Lakers, it'd be a fun one to watch with the Logo sending his kiddies out to take on his old team so fast.

WDC
04-12-2004, 03:29 PM
yes, yes and yes. And I do feel sorry for Malone and payton.