PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Robbery from the BB

05-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Got to play some Mirage 6-12 for the first time in a while yesterday since my buddy D. Andrew was in the game. The following hand came up.

Open limp on the button from poor player. SB looks and raises. He has raised the field earlier with QJo and JTo respectively. I defend my BB with Qc7c, button calls. Both of these players are decidedly poor and I feel that I have a large postflop edge on them, and would have defended with a very wide range of hands here.

Flop: 5c 8d 9h. SB checks, I bet, both call.

Turn: 3h. Checked around.

River: 4s. Checked to me, I bet, button folds. SB flashes me his AQo and says: "Its all yours" then mucks.

Why thank you sir!

05-10-2002, 03:32 AM
Clarkmeister,

That is why you played this hand isn't it. Wasn't it nice for the SB to tell you exactly what he would lay down as a bonus?

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

05-10-2002, 12:29 PM
My only point with this one is that with marginal hands against very poor and straightforward opponents, you want to err on the side of taking the flop. You will use your knowledge to win far more than your fair share. There is value in simply taking the flop, especially if it is only taken with one or two opponents.