PDA

View Full Version : flopped set.....raise on the river

Victor
04-11-2004, 07:33 PM
local 5-10 B&M game with the usual assemblage of super loose mostly weak players. Generally 4-6 see the flop for one bet.

I get 99 in MP. EP super loose weak terrible player calls. I raise and a weak average player in LMP calls along with both blinds.

5 see the flop for 2 bets which is 9 10 J rainbow.

Loose aggressive BB bets out, EP calls, I raise, LMP calls, SB folds, BB 3-bets, EP calls again, I just call and LMP calls.

4 see a turn of 9 10 J (2) with 2 spades on the board now. BB bets out and EP call, I call and LMP folds.

River is 9 10 j (2) (3) with 3 spades on the board.

BB looks visibly upset at this spade but still bets out, EP folds and I raise.

Did I play this like a nanny? Comments on all streets.

What do you think BB's action and hand was?

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Usually the super-upset look, followed by a bet means that they just improved, so his two pair on the flop became the third nut flush or something like that. I would call the river bet, but not raise.

Victor
04-11-2004, 08:07 PM
I didnt feel he was acting. It seemed to me that he was worried his hand had been counterfitted. Anyway, I raised because I thought that even if he had a straight I would not be reraised, and it was equally likely he had 2-pair. So, it seemed like a safe raise.

sthief09
04-12-2004, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt feel he was acting. It seemed to me that he was worried his hand had been counterfitted. Anyway, I raised because I thought that even if he had a straight I would not be reraised, and it was equally likely he had 2-pair. So, it seemed like a safe raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I flopped a straight and the river brought the third of a suit, I'd be pretty damn upset/worried/concerned

if you wanted to show some aggression, you probably should've done it on the flop or turn. I guess raising the river is safe since you "know" he doesn't have a flush. but if he looked that upset, it's probably because he had a big hand and he thinks he might've lost. I'm really expecting to see a flopped straight here

if I had to put him on a hand, I'd say KQ, then 87. He very well could have JT, but for some reason, I feel like he flopped the nuts.