PDA

View Full Version : Poker is fun!

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Online 5-10 game. Fairly tight, actually probably a little too tight, and I am trying to steal a lot more than my share of blinds.

Folded to me in the CO-1 and I have 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and open raise. C0 three bets, and the button, and both blinds coldcall. See what I mean about too tight?

Flop A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, and I decide that there is some chance that they all have pocket pairs, and my 'ace king' might be good. I bet, CO raises, one blind calls, and I call.

Turn T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to the CO who bets, we both call.

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check, check, CO bets, BB calls, I raise, CO three bets, BB folds, I cap it.

Then I start getting poker lessons /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Less than a lap later, I have KK vs the CO's QQ, on a board of 5 small cards.

After those two pots, the game was no longer too tight. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Tosh
04-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Lol. Any nice quotes from CO etc ?

Nottom
04-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Suckouts are fun when you are on the good side.

BigEndian
04-11-2004, 01:58 PM
You bet your "ace" into a field of four, all of whom played for three bets. Horrible bet. I think you bet this because you didn't want to fold if faced with 2+ bets coming back around.

The rest is routine.

- Jim

AceHigh
04-11-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decide that there is some chance that they all have pocket pairs, and my 'ace king'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I used to think you were a good player, lol. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 07:47 PM
I can't defend that play. But it happened that way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Lol. Any nice quotes from CO etc ?

Nothing really spectacular, he just ranted for about 5 minutes, and every time I raised after this he did say, '8-6 suited?'

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Horrible bet.

That isn't unfair /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bob T.
04-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Suckouts are fun when you are on the good side.

Players who don't have a loose aggressive gear, rarely get to experience them. Oh well, their loss.