PDA

View Full Version : The discipline play... *therapy thing*

05-08-2002, 06:51 PM
This isn't really a bad beat story but if you only want to read posted hands or a good analysis you can consider yourself warned.

I was playing two low-limit online games at once when my selfcontrol was put to test. In the heat of the moment, both windows competing for my attention, I fold the wrong hand: Big Slick, my first playable hand since WWII. I'm a bit disappointed but I think that perhaps it's a good thing (as I've just read the post about folding AA). After the flop comes I am more than a bit disappointed. It's A A 6 and when the turn comes a King I'm shouting at the screen and cursing the poker gods.

I get AK two more times in the next round. First one misses completely and I'm forced to fold. Second time I win the blinds. This is a game with at least 70% calling stations. It's so unfair!

So what can you learn from this? Probably nothing.

I on the other hand learned a lot about discipline. For the first time when I have gotten this upset I did not tilt. Yeah, you're right, it's pathetic how easily I'm put on tilt but this time I didn't play any worse than usual. I guess putting it here is some kind of therapy as well...

05-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Windows 98 has multiple monitor support.

I purchased a second monitor and video card for less than $50. Now when I play multitable, I have each table is on its own monitor. If Im only playing a single table, I can browse the net on the other. It works great.

Stu

05-09-2002, 03:47 AM
feels good to get it out dont it?

i did that one time...i had a nut flush, and the screen clicked when i was folding on another table and i folded it....i was a little pissed...

where i played, ultimatebet, you can minimize the screens and fit 3 on 1 screen....that way i never made a wrong play like that....there was no clicking between fullscreens...

just a thought...

b

05-09-2002, 07:09 AM