PDA

View Full Version : A little OT, but... how much $$$ do you leave in your acct?

eastbay
04-11-2004, 04:02 AM
I start to get uncomfortable with thousands of dollars in my account, like someone might hack my acct or something.

On the one hand, I like to leave a nice comfortable buffer for losing streaks. On the other hand, I'd be mighty pissed if my acct were hacked or there was some catastrophic failure at PP and they lost my money.

I'm thinking about drawing down to 25x buy-in as a habit. what do you folks do about this? Not as paranoid as me?

eastbay

lacky
04-11-2004, 04:45 AM
i ran into the same thing last month. I was up to over $10000 in my account and read the rule where thay can confiscate if u play on more than one account, which i have done. Got me thinking having a large chunk of money at some business in another country might not be the best idea. So, i went to my normal bank and set up an interest checking acount that i only use for poker. Now the majority of the bankroll is in that account and i can move money easier to play meself every two weeks, no waiting for the cashout. feels safer too!

t_perkin
04-11-2004, 07:11 AM
If you have an old PP account and get 10% interest then that is a pretty good reason to leave it in there.

Otherwise just leave whatever you feel comfortable with leaving in there. I would be surprised if your money evaporated into thin air.

However it is probably worth changing your password regularly and make sure that it is not the same as any other passwords you have, particularly less secure systems such as for example your 2+2 password....

Tim