PDA

View Full Version : AQs comments please

coach
04-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, CO caps, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, CO bets, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (14.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows As Ac (full house, aces full of jacks).
Hero shows Qh Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: CO wins 16.25 BB. </font>

coach
04-11-2004, 01:20 AM
my though pattern was;
pre flop : att steal aa kk qq ak.
flop he didnt re raise so kk ak still possible
read him dead wrong put on kk/ak
any comments about my thought process
thanks

J.R.
04-11-2004, 01:30 AM
I would think CO would check-raise the turn/cap the flop with a AA or QQ and I don't think JJ plays the flop like that so I raise the turn again unless I had a read this guy was uber-passive. I would also expect AA to cap preflop so I'm thinking I'm ahead here.

I'd call the river bet.

Nate tha' Great
04-11-2004, 01:31 AM
I'd put another raise in on the turn fer sure.

J.R.
04-11-2004, 01:44 AM
Would a 2-4 player who did not cap KK preflop after being 3-bet in a multiway pot play this way on an A high flop with all these players? I don't think KK is likely.

I also discount AA because of the lack of a cap and bizzare flop smoothcall/turn lead bet combo.

I think you need to fold if you give your opponent the limited a range of hands you list. Not sure what "attempted steal" means, because there is no stealing this preflop, but if you meant suspected lots of hands here like suited broadway cards and even suited connectors and middle pairs I like the preflop 3-bet. But against a reasonably tight raiser, you could be in trouble here even though the field and pot are looking big.

Yeknom58
04-11-2004, 02:51 AM
The lack of a 3-bet by the CO on the flop would cause me to throw in another raise on the turn.

Yeknom58
04-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Your thought process is not consistent with your play.