PDA

View Full Version : I hate this spot

J.R.
04-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Playing full 3-6 after lots of 6-max. These hands are much easier for me to play in 6-max games because I have a better feel for the range of hands this type of aggression may represent and I get to see my opponents play more hands, so I can get a better feel on what they are up to. I didn't have good reads other than the open limper in Hand 1 was loose and my opponent in Hand 2 was the turn caller from Hand 1. I was new to the table in Hand 3 and choose the aggressive line because its my default in 6 max games. Either way, I was unsure what to do had a non flush card rivered. I had a lot of convoluted thinking in Hand 2

Hand 1
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 <font color="purple">(loose and weak)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB <font color="purple">(Villan in Hand 2)</font> calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(loose and weak)</font> calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Villan in Hand 2 checks, loose and weak checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villan in Hand 2 calls, loose and weak folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Villan in Hand 2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Villan in Hand 2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villan in Hand 2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.16 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Jc (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.16 BB. </font>

Hand 2
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) calls, CO <font color="purple">(Caller in hand 1)</font> calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Caller in hand 1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Caller in hand 1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Caller in hand 1 checks.

Final Pot: 7.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.66 BB, between Hero and Caller in hand 1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7.66 BB).</font>

Hero shows Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
Caller in hand 1 shows 9d 8h (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.66 BB. </font>

Hand 3
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Button and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (12.50 BB).</font>

UTG shows Ad Qc (one pair, queens).
Button shows 7c 8s (high card, queen).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.50 BB. </font>

MortalNuts
04-11-2004, 03:44 AM
I think hands 1 and 2 are both fine, though you could make an argument for check-raising the turn in hand 2. whatever.

I'm curious what others think of hand 3. On the one hand, I'm not thrilled about the flop raise, because an EP player just bet into you after you raised PF -- sure, he might be betting a draw or betting because hey, betting is fun, but surely he has TP here a decent chunk of the time. But folding seems weak, and calling gives button and SB a cheap shot at gutshots and the like. Blech. On the turn, I am similarly clueless -- part of me actually likes a check here, because UTG+1 may then put you on a flush draw and bet all kinds of hands that you beat on the river, plus you really don't know where you're at (would QJ have 3-bet you on the flop or bet the turn?). But you also might well be ahead, and don't want to give a free card with cold-calling button in the action. Blech again.

sweet: probably my most unhelpful post ever. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers,

mn

joker122
04-11-2004, 04:39 AM
I'll give it my best.
Hand 1: Raising KJo PF seems a little LAG, but it's definately not a multiway hand so an argument could be made. The check on the turn is good. The river bet is probably very thin though.

Hand 2: I'd think you'd have to fold the flop if you didn't have your 2 backdoor draws. But since you did the rest of the hand was played well, IMO. Would you have folded to a river bet? I think you should have. Lucky he was a maniac.

Hand 3: The flop is a raise/fold situation and I'd probably do each the same amount of time. Since you raised a bet is the right play on the turn. On the river I don't think there is any way your hand is good, so good check n' fold.