PDA

View Full Version : Did I Play This Wrong or Did He???

WLC4Ever
04-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Jd Jh (full house, jacks full of fours).
Hero shows 5h 5s (full house, fives full of fours).
Outcome: Button wins 18.50 BB. </font>

Looking back it was probably me, but with no PF raise or Flop raise I thought he hit the straight. Any thoughts???

asdf1234
04-10-2004, 07:10 PM
You should 3 bet the turn.

WLC4Ever
04-12-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should 3 bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This table was playing everything pretty straight up, and I thought someone on the button would limp in with a 67 and especially an A2. I couldn't fold at that point but I didn't want to throw my money away. Once I hit the full house I thought I had him beat though.

What's bugging me is I don't know if he played this poorly or I just got played like a piano. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking the latter.

chief444
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I think you played it fine. If he is a straightforward player then I would have thought he may have caught the straight as well. If he was someone who would raise as a semibluff with one pair and an OESD or flush draw then I may have 3-bet the turn. Since you just called the turn your river action is fine. You have the 3rd nuts and usually a winner.

I don't think he played it too badly either, but I don't normally slowplay any trips (even top set) if there is a flush draw on the board or if the board is coordinated at all. I also would NEVER limp in with jacks on the button. So he got the river action he was hoping for but missed out on some bets on this hand.

bakku
04-12-2004, 12:16 PM
you played it fine

jedi
04-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Button:

Didn't raise pre-flop with pocket Jacks in the best position possible.

Didn't raise on the flop with a set and a straight AND flush draw out there.

Finally raised on the turn with into a possible straight and 2 flush draws.

Played perfectly on the river when making the nut boat, and 2nd nut hand (not that anyone should fear quads in limit).

While I don't like the way he played this one early, I've seen worse plays made. But if it had been me as either player, we'd be having a capped raising war after the flop.

ecooke
04-12-2004, 03:27 PM
I think you played it fine. It's either 44, JJ, or home free. Poker is like that. Even if capped on the turn I'd have thought made straight and opened fire all over again on the river. For the record, not hidden by the straight draw, new life on the turn does consistently signal my red flag for trips.