PDA

View Full Version : empire english

MicroBob
04-10-2004, 06:01 PM
obviously i understand the intended meaning....but it shouldn't be that difficult to improve the grammar on their promotions page.
i don't know why this should bother me so much, but it does.

Dear xxxxxx,

On april 24th, we will offer an exclusive $25,000 freeroll for our VIP players. All VIP players that will have at least 6500 EPoints till april 22nd, 23:59 ET, will enter the Freeroll.

25,000 VIP FreeRoll
We are giving away $25,000 on april to our VIP Club members. A one time freeroll will be held on our tournament lobby and you can be invited as well! All you need to do is play on our tables and accumulate at least 6500 EPoints.
When- Saturday, 24th of April 21:00 ET
Game- limit hold'em
To enter- get over 6500 EPoints till april 22nd, 23:59 EP and you’ll be automatically registered to this exclusive freeroll tournament.

Drunk Bob
04-10-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't see why this bothers you. Bothers me cause I ain't got nowhere neer 6500 points. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dingo Puppet
04-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Screw the grammar, I'm pissed off that it's impossible for the non affiliated player to amass 5000 VIP points for many many months to be able to take advantage of these great promotions. What really pisses me off the most is they granted instant status to many players who may or may not just be affiliates.

So Empire, go F Urself and thanks for giving back NOTHING to the good customers with your square root BS calculations. F U and the cards you drove in on~!

Other than that I have no opinion on the VIP club.

Dingo Puppet
04-10-2004, 06:35 PM
All they had to do to calcualte VIP BS points was to divide the daily total by 10. But to hamper the heavy players so they cant qualify for months they thought of the square root BS. Why don't they just admit, they have granted instant access for players of their choosing, and the rest of us can go to hell because we have nada chance of getting 5000 points for months and months. By then, watch how their promos dry up for VIP members. Da bastards!!

gabyyyyy
04-10-2004, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All they had to do to calcualte VIP BS points was to divide the daily total by 10. But to hamper the heavy players so they cant qualify for months they thought of the square root BS. Why don't they just admit, they have granted instant access for players of their choosing, and the rest of us can go to hell because we have nada chance of getting 5000 points for months and months. By then, watch how their promos dry up for VIP members. Da bastards!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast they are giving something. I have played over 15000 hands this month and last month combined and have yet to get anything extra from party poker. Worst part, I never signed up under an affiliate, so I get ZERO rake back.

Dingo Puppet
04-10-2004, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was an even playing field. But I see their promotion money going to people they chose to be included in the VIP club. For the rest of us it's the carrot in front of the stick.

Jim Kuhn
04-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Gabyyyy,

You need to be smarter than the poker sites! Go to www.intertopsaffliliates.com. (http://www.intertopsaffliliates.com.) I heard they are giving 100% kickbacks. As an alternative, ask for pm's here. You may need a bigger pm box though.

MicroBob
04-10-2004, 08:06 PM
i guess i see your point.
for whatever reason they eventually decided to include me in their little clique and i'm a little over 6300 points right now so i should likely make the tourney.

i guess that means i like the club a little bit more then most since i am one of the chosen ones.