PDA

View Full Version : Correct Flop Play : AA in EMP

GuyOnTilt
04-10-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm on my way out the door so I don't have time to go into detail, but I just played a hand that I think this forum could learn from.

My first and only orbit at this table. It's pretty LAG. The main culprit seems to be the player 2 seats to my right, and his constant betting and raising seems to have set the whole table on tilt. I'm getting ready to leave come the blinds unfortunately. I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif in EMP. UTG maniac raises, UTG+1 folds, I 3-bet, 2 MP's call 3-cold, a CO poster calls, and the Button calls. Weird stuff. UTG just calls. 6 to the flop for 19.5 SB's.

Flop comes: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets out, I call, other 4 all call. 6 to the turn for 12.75 BB's.

Turn comes: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, I raise, both MP's fold, CO cold-calls, Button folds, UTG calls. 3 to the river for 18.75 BB's.

River comes: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, I bet, CO calls, UTG calls.

Obviously I won this one, but win or lose the point is that this line gives me the best chance of winning, whereas raising the flop does not.

Off to the airport,

GoT

scrub
04-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Neat--page 170 of HEPFAP in action... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub

Nate tha' Great
04-10-2004, 05:59 PM
I think you made this one up for Ed Miller's book.

Well played.

Luke
04-10-2004, 07:46 PM
You said UTG was a maniac so you could likely count on him to follow through on the turn and bet again, giving you the opportunity to face the field with a double big bet. But what if he wasn't that aggressive? What if you thought this guy might take one shot on the flop and give up on the turn?

Basically what I'm asking is, would you play this flop and turn against most players (UTG)? Or was it strongly based on your read that UTG was over aggressive?

Luke

Tosh
04-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Seems pretty standard.