PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 6-12: Limp-folding in the small blind

05-08-2002, 01:37 AM
I got to play about half an hour in the good ole Mirage 6-12 game today while waiting for a seat in the 10-20 game. I had only been there for an orbit or two when this hand came up.

EP limps. MP limps. Cutoff limps. Everyone else folded. I'm in the small blind with Ah9c and decide to play for half a small bet. The big blind raises. The other three players call.

I fold.

05-08-2002, 01:51 AM
nice move, now that's what I'm talking about.....discipline, you figure, if someone had an Ace they had a higher ace than you did, or pairs were already out, plus your A9 wasn't suited...

GOOD MOVE

05-08-2002, 03:24 AM
Dynasty,

I like this playeven if it looks a little strange. When you complete, it seems like you might have the best hand. When it gets raised out of the Big Blind, you have to expect either a big pair, or a better Ace than you have.

Now the decision is the same as deciding if you want to play from the Big blind in a raised pot, and I don't think A9 off is a great hand for a raised pot.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

05-08-2002, 03:44 AM
when i limp from where ever, my rule is that it should withstand a single raise behind it...thats one rule i follow religiously.

if 2 bets back to me, then the option of folding comes in...i dont care to leave my dead money in the pot for 1 raise back to me. usually, for me, if im folding to 1 bet coming back, i shouldnt have called in the 1st place.

however since its only 1/2 a bet, its not quite the same...

but with limpers in EP and MP, im not sure im completing this one anyways...unless it was suited

might sound petty, but id save the 1/2 bet here...

and depending on the BB, he may be raising with a worse hand actually....though usually not. but it is possible... player dependent of course...

just some ideas...

b

05-08-2002, 03:49 AM

05-08-2002, 10:40 AM
I used to call that extra bet in the SB with A9o, and would even call an ealry raise when I was in the BB. No more! Can't tell you how many bets this has saved me. And, I've done this with the help of the forum -- thanks!

Two more I have trouble with, in this type of situtation. What if you hold AJo, or AQo in the exact same example?

These days I'm folding with AJo. If BB is a semi-solid player I will fold AQo as well. Is this correct? Or is it just correct for me because I'm staying away from trouble hands -- and, I could add these when my post-flop play is much more solid?

05-08-2002, 12:22 PM
I'd always fold AJ in that scenario.

I'd always play QJ in that scenario. You are tryting to flop a straight draw, and the pot is large. You will also back into trips, etc enough to continue.

AQ depends on the BB. Is he the kind to pump a draw, or is he the AA, KK, QQ only type. Generally, I would call and assume I have the best ace and I was against KK. But I think its close and you can't go too wrong by mucking.