PDA

View Full Version : If you muck your cards at showdown, does it sitll show up in the HH?

ctv1116
04-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I was just sifting through my pokertracker data, and while copying in some of the hand histories, I noticed that in the last few lines where they show how much each player won or lost, the ones who went to showdown, they show what hand they held, even if they mucked it. Like some people's losing hands had "(showed hand)" while others did not have this. So if you go to showdown, your cards will be shown in the hand history?

blackaces13
04-10-2004, 11:02 AM
On Party poker if you reach showdown your cards, and the cards of all opponents, will show up. Note however that you can fold on the river and your hand will not be seen, but if you call a bet on the river or the river gets checked than your hand will be shown in the HH.

I think this is a good thing because it only helps players who bother to notice it, ie serious players. So don't worry about this helping the fish, they don't know and they don't care.

M.B.E.
04-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I agree that this feature helps good players and hurts the fish. Nevertheless I'm opposed on principle. A large part of poker is a war of information, and I see no good reason for the hand history to include the hole cards of other players whose cards were not shown at the time.

Big Country
04-11-2004, 01:32 AM
I partially agree with you, however, any hand that has called the river can be asked to be seen, and right now I know of no site that shows all hands on the river, they only show if you beat the previous shown hand or you choose to show it.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the table has the right to see those cards, however there is no way to request to see them at the time of the showdown, so the hand history is the only way to know.

M.B.E.
04-11-2004, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess what I'm getting at is that the table has the right to see those cards,

[/ QUOTE ]
In my view the table should not have that right. The I Want To See That Hand (IWTSTH) rule is already dubious in b&m cardrooms, and there is no reason to carry it over to the Internet.

daryn
04-13-2004, 08:48 PM
pretty much all sites show you hands of those that called your river bet but mucked.

cnfuzzd
04-15-2004, 02:20 PM
LOL. There was a guy on my table the other day that wanted to know what someone had mucked to their opps set of kings. He had it narrowed down to AA or QQ. I told him i would bet him 50$ that not only could i tell him what the other guy had mucked, but even what suits. He didnt take the bet so i didnt educate him.

peace

nickle

pretender2k
04-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I haven't played Party for awhile but play Empire quite a lot. Am I right that on Empire the cards that were not shown do not show up in the HH. It seems they should if they are basically using the same program but if I remember right I think I tried to take advantage of that one night by taking a quick peek at the HH after the hand and it didn't show them. Anyone know for sure?

blackaces13
04-22-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I tried to take advantage of that one night by taking a quick peek at the HH after the hand and it didn't show them. Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the guy folded instead of mucking a losing hand. You can't see the cards of EVERYONE who reaches the river, only those who call the last bet and reach showdown. I think the Empire HH's are the same as Party's but I'm not 100% sure.

Gandor
04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played Party for awhile but play Empire quite a lot. Am I right that on Empire the cards that were not shown do not show up in the HH. It seems they should if they are basically using the same program but if I remember right I think I tried to take advantage of that one night by taking a quick peek at the HH after the hand and it didn't show them. Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confusing the different hand histories. The heads up hand history does not show mucks showdown cards. This is only available when you request a history to be emailed.

Gandor

MKR
04-23-2004, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Empire the cards that were not shown do not show up in the HH. It seems they should if they are basically using the same program but if I remember right I think I tried to take advantage of that one night by taking a quick peek at the HH after the hand and it didn't show them. Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

You see mucked hands when you request an email of a hand history, you do not see then when you use the hand history window at the table.

MKR

Tilted Litt
04-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Yeah, this is right, I was heads-up and won a hand and the other player mucked. I wanted to know what he had so immediately asked for an e-mail of the last hand. Not sure if there's anything ethically wrong about this, but it told me my read on him was dead on.

ctv1116
04-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Actually, at least on party, you can definitely see the mucked showdown hands in the hand history by clicking on the hand number in the upper right hand corner of the table and clicking to the appropriate hand history. I do it all the time now, its a really neat feature.