PDA

View Full Version : Party vs. Stars sng's

lacky
04-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Everyone on 2+2 is always talking about the better tourneys and better players on pokerstars. Seems to me the quicker the tourney ends the more I can play, the more tournys I can play the more I can make. Bad players = profit for the good players. If you have the attitude it's all one game, I get lucky as often as they do in the long run and skill wins out. I cant see the advantage to 1 1/2 hour tourneys at stars. Am I missing something here?

ZeeJustin
04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Your ROI will most likely be higher at Stars, but your hourly wage will most likely be higher at Party.

Hiding
04-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Now I have to ask which is more important? I understand ROI will better in the long run in theory, but if I have a higher $/hr who cares?

aslowjoe
04-11-2004, 02:32 AM
ROI is good at accesing risk. ROI for profit sake is a much overblown stat. In horse racing the most important stat would be the velocity of your money. Who does better?
A: a player who makes 1 $400 bet a day and has an ROI of 25%
B: a player who makes 6 $200 bets a day with a ROI of 15%
Thus $ per hour at the poker table would be more important.

Losing all
04-11-2004, 03:52 AM
I play tons of sngs, yet I've never even signed up for Stars. The stack and blinds can't help but be an adavantage for the good players(and I think I am one) Add to the double time constraints the fact that the player base is said to be tougher there (even if only a little) and I just can't see where you gain any type of weekly or monthly EV. You can only play so many hours.

You pretty much answered your own question though