PDA

View Full Version : a rock and a hard place

05-07-2002, 01:35 AM
tonight i found myself in an odd situation for my normally loose-passive 3-6 game.

the player on my left and the player on my right seemed to be "pals" but only in that they knew eachother, i think that they actually hated eachother, hahaha, when one raised btf he was always called or 3-bet by the other, and on the flop and beyond they were always locking horns.

it all started when one of them caught a 2 outer on the river with 33 vs the others AJ on a board of AJ9-4-3. they went 4 bets on the river. from then on it was like they were "trying" to put a bad beat on eachother, it was a sickening display to say the least.

anyways, their wars were taking the biggest toll on me stuck in the middle, i had to tighten up immensely and i spent most of the session draining chips away and ended up losing 25 BB's after a series of hands in which i came along for the ride with a solid draw but missed and one KK cracked by A8.

how do you guys handle this situation? just like a normal wild game, tighten up like crazy and wait it out?

05-07-2002, 02:28 AM
Changing your seat and getting out of the crossfire should be your first priority. It would be best to sit across the table from these two to avoid getting into confrontations with them when they get raise happy.

While you're stuck in the middle, you definitely tighten up.