PDA

View Full Version : GALAXY at NYC, any feedback

Andrei
04-10-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi there, did anyone play at Galaxy in NYC? is the place run well? what kind of people do play? what level of competition is out there. THank you
sincerely,
ME

Andrei
04-11-2004, 05:38 AM
well, it was my first time there. i was late for 3 pm tourney, so i jumped in to 5/10 side game. it was about 7-handed. skill - we only played for like 40 minutes, I felt comfortable, made around $100. then people wanted to lpay shoot-outs. I placed 2nd both times. IT was supposed to be "winner takes all", but first time I negotiated my buy-in back for 2nd place (i had little bit more chips than I started with) and 2nd time I negotiated buy-in ($60) + $60 more (i had twice amount of starting chips). Dealers wre pretyy good, although some players shuffled better than dealers (to speed up the game). Very friendly place. THey got like 4 tables.

I liked it and I'll be there for Monday tourney.

calebm
04-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Can anyone possibly PM me any info on this place?

sanya
04-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Call Alex at 646 372 3624 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Andrei
04-12-2004, 02:45 PM
i'm going to play the NLHE trny tonight at 7 pm. it's with rebies, so i'm not sure i got the bankroll.

morgant
04-12-2004, 04:02 PM
you don't need a bankroll for rebuy's. take advantage of others looseness. i typically limit myself to one rebuy, and one add-on, so a 50$ tourney will be a $150. you will see people playing all sorts of crap and rebuy up to ten times, play your regular tourney strategy and hope to catch some cards against these atm's. gl

dsong02
04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
who won last night's tourney? i got knocked out early after the first hour...bad beat... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tourney was huge last night...must have been a nice payout.

DrSavage
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
We ended up splitting it 6 ways by chip count when the blinds became 1500/3000. The largest stack at the table was 6 BB.
I ended up with 1150 but i was in for 250 due to some horrific beats.

Andrei
04-14-2004, 03:56 AM
i was the kid with the hood and glasses. i had 15900 chips when we decided to make a deal, so I got $1550 (and I gave $80+20 to the dealers). my biggest hands of the night:
guy goes all-in with KK, i call with A4o double up, ace flops on the flop
in a few hands. all-in again, i call again. his KK vs mine A5 . ace flops again and I double up again.
we got a new guy on the table and I moved all in with JKo early just to steal the blinds, and the guy called me with the same stack. he turns ATs. flop give me a king, river gives me another one.
worst move of the night: final table, having around 15,000 i move all-in with pair of 6s. guy on my left thinks fora long time (he's got around 15000 too). he finally folds, and the other guy calls me with like 3500. turns over AQ. by the river he had a nut boat. the guy on my left sighs and says he folded AQ. had he called me - the tourney would be over.

unfortunately, i lost all the winnings in a side game afterwards. i'm sure now I should not have played, since I was so tired and so much adrenaline. at some point, i lost it, and lost my profits, trying to win more as the place was ready to be closed. NEVER PLAY UNDER PRESSURE. oh man, i felt so stupid in the end of the night. all my luck must have been exhausted in the tourney.

but hey, there's another monday, and I'll play again.
i did 2 rebuys after buy-in.
good luck. and i am feeling so stupid i lost my winnings in a side nl game.

DrSavage
04-14-2004, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
worst move of the night: final table, having around 15,000 i move all-in with pair of 6s. guy on my left thinks fora long time (he's got around 15000 too). he finally folds, and the other guy calls me with like 3500. turns over AQ. by the river he had a nut boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that was me.
NL cash game is a bad place to be when you're tired and/or on tilt.

the life
04-14-2004, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we got a new guy on the table and I moved all in with JKo early just to steal the blinds, and the guy called me with the same stack. he turns ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

what were the blinds at at this point......what the hell are you thinking.....and then getting luck too...its a good thing you lost all you winnings.

Andrei
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
blinds were 100/200 at that point. what did i think about? well, i sort of looked at how people handed their cards, noone really seemed like they had a hand.
moving all-in against that big stack (Al, very nice guys, we were chatting before the trny) was my mistake, BUT I DIDN'T see his chips (he covered his 500s with 5s and 25s), so it was too late when he decided to call.

I got lucky there, but people got lucky on me too several times.

as for your cheering for my lose afterwards, I might be a young kid, but I never root for someone's loss, never wished anyone to loose, and certainly, I'd never say that to you.