PDA

View Full Version : MLB 4/10

Thythe
04-10-2004, 01:53 AM
The lines aren't fully posted at Intertops (where I bet), but I'm already thinking I like the White Sox over the Yankees again (Buehrle pitching) and I like Tampa Bay again. I don't see the over/under posted at Intertops yet but I'm certain to bet Min v Det over and probably the CWS v NYY over also. Hopefully I'll get up in time to make these bets:)

Thythe
04-10-2004, 01:58 AM
By the way, what time do you think they close betting for each game? Some of these games are early...

mrbaseball
04-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Betting generally goes until the first pitch.

Yeah White Sox another steal in todays line. Buehrle top notch and Yankees way overhyped with some no name (De Paula) who has about 13 innings total major league experience. This line is sooooo whacked with Chicago at +155 /images/graemlins/smile.gif Should probably be the other way around. Yankees big bats just aren't in tune yet. They will be scary once they start firing on all cylinders but until then they are a very easy fade. Besides it's not like Chicago has a weak offense as they are strong top to bottom. That lineup aginst this AAA guy has a lot better shot than the big Yankee names against a proven major league winner.

mrbaseball
04-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Here's one for the streak players. SF +125 over SD.

When Ruetter starts vs SD, SF is 14-2 with last 11 being wins. When Lawrence starts for SD vs SF, SD is 0-6.

I guess you could say turnaround is due but I'll just ride it myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scalf
04-10-2004, 09:52 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif lotta action today..just playing each 1/2 unit..still early in season..

cleve +110
phils +105
seattle +150
w sox +155
rangers +115
cola +145
pitts +110

s.f. +125
brewers +1.25
tor +1.55

gl

also puck parlay ml det/dev

scalf
04-10-2004, 09:55 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif mr. bb..

i like giants here too; hard to know what streaks mean into another season in todays quick change of rosters, but i like it...

to me bb is a g of streaks; among other things..teams ans pitchers do get "hot"; or "in the groove", and hey...do not fight the tape...gl

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

mrbaseball
04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I weigh "current form" of teams and pitchers and lineups as strongly as anything. It's hard to get a feel and read on that in early season so at this point I use a more historical approach. But going with the hot hand and pitchers and teams that are performing well is key as far as I'm concerned.

mikelow
04-10-2004, 11:40 AM
On Intertops--
White Sox +145 (Yankee pitching will be the problem this year)
Indians +100 (bet on Sabathia)
Marlins -107 (Phillies aren't hitting)

Thythe
04-10-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm not so sure what people are thinking, but I got over 9 for Min v Det at nice odds. I forget what the actual line was, but $20 returns $44. Minnesota has hit the over every game this season and today should be no exception.

Thythe
04-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Final Picks:
CWS v NYY over 10
Min v Det over 9
Cle v Kan over 9.5
CWS v NYY CWS +1.5

I wanted to bet some more of the underdogs, but the spread lines aren't returning very well at this point so I'm going with some over bets instead.

Homer
04-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Astros/Brewers 9.5o -114

Diamondbacks +132

White Sox +139 (Stupid me sleeping in)

Tigers/Twins 9o +130 (2 units)

Jays +148

Good luck...

-- Homer

mrbaseball
04-10-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
White Sox +139 (Stupid me sleeping in)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah game just about to start and line already came in 20 cents. The SF line came in too. I guess the early bird catches the worm. Whenever I see something that looks goofy I try to jump fast.

Homer
04-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah game just about to start and line already came in 20 cents. The SF line came in too. I guess the early bird catches the worm. Whenever I see something that looks goofy I try to jump fast.

I've been pretty good about catching the messed up early lines the past few days, but certainly not today. Maybe I should have laid off of this game? Had I seen it when at +162 (or whatever it opened at), I would have bet two units. I figured there was still some value left, even after everybody got to it, though, so I still went ahead and bet a single unit.

-- Homer

Thythe
04-10-2004, 02:02 PM
This may be a dumb question, but at Intertops where I bet all of the lines are posted as say 1.85 where if you bet $20 you will get back $20*1.85 if you win. Is there a way to transform this number into the normal +135, -150 etc? I'd like to be able to compare to the normal lines but am having a hard time doing so. By the way, that Min v Det over is so easy. I can't believe it was at 9, already 6-0 in the 3rd inning. The Yankees are also down 5-2 fastly approaching the over in the 3rd.

Homer
04-10-2004, 02:19 PM
This may be a dumb question, but at Intertops where I bet all of the lines are posted as say 1.85 where if you bet $20 you will get back $20*1.85 if you win. Is there a way to transform this number into the normal +135, -150 etc? I'd like to be able to compare to the normal lines but am having a hard time doing so.

Click on Account (top-left), then Interface Settings (under Account Settings), then Money Line Format (under Odds Format).

By the way, that Min v Det over is so easy. I can't believe it was at 9, already 6-0 in the 3rd inning.

Make that 6-2 in the bottom of the third! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm glad I put two units on it.

The Yankees are also down 5-2 fastly approaching the over in the 3rd.

Yep. Too bad I only bet the White Sox and not the over.

-- Homer

Thythe
04-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Ahhhh, much better. The lines look oh so good now. Thanks Homer.