PDA

View Full Version : QT from BB.

Trix
04-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

UTG+1 is very loose. No read on the rest.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> I dont check-raise the flop very often anymore, felt this was a good time, till I saw the bet was to my left.
Then I thought I was better off seeing the turn card, as I wouldnīt make anyone fold by raising now. </font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

BottlesOf
04-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Interesting. How come you didn't bet the flop?

Trix
04-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Because it was 5-handed, I would like to make some fold and I thought there was a good chance that someone would bet a worse made hand.

I dont think betting is bad either, but I dont check-raise the flop as much as I used to anymore, so I like to do it when I have a chance.

BottlesOf
04-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Yea I think I misread your explanation. You went for the c/r, but made a switch midway b/c of where the bet came from. No problem. I agree you may not want to c/r after som many are coming along.

Tosh
04-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Why don't you lead the turn ? You know the most likley aggressor is to your left so why not hope he raises out the field ?

Trix
04-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Because I didnīt think he would do it with a worse hand.
Then I would rather check-raise for value.

sthief09
04-09-2004, 11:24 PM
I'd rather just bet the flop out. the flop will be checked through too often. I like your choice not to raise the flop after you checked.

After missing my chance to check-raise the flop, I'd just bet into the turn. I don't like to check-raise the turn for two reasons. one, this is a volume check-raise. you aren't driving anyone out. you're just making the pot bigger with an unsure hand. reason #2 is that you don't have that strong of a hand. you have top pair, with a weak kicker, and if UTG+1 is betting a queen, it's likely he's got you beat. I'd rather just bet into the turn and see if he raises before I make a check-raise having no clue where he's at. for all you know, he could have flopped a set.

if you get called on the turn (after you bet out), then I do what you did on the river.

Trix
04-11-2004, 03:56 PM
UTG had 77.