PDA

View Full Version : TPnK from BB

Trix
04-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

UTG is loose, no read on the other guy.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero ?

Zetack
04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Bet. If you're gonna give up now, you might as well have folded the flop.

--Zetack

Trix
04-09-2004, 10:15 PM
What kind of hands do you think two players called my flop bet with ?
If they dont include an 8 or Q.

Bet. If you're gonna give up now, you might as well have folded the flop.

I didnīt know that I would get two calls.

Tosh
04-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I bet because I can easily fold to a raise against typical opponents. You'd be amazed by what they'll call with, even as little as 1 overcard.

StellarWind
04-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Trix,

Good to have you back in Micro for a visit.

I bet the turn. I know it doesn't make any sense, but as long as players keep showing me A6 I'll keep doing this.

You can fold to a raise because that must be an 8 or 22 and you have at most two outs. Otherwise a bet is at least as good as a check-call. I'm not willing to fold top pair when it could be good and I have many outs to a split against a better queen.

Trix
04-11-2004, 02:05 PM
I bet and they both folded.

Guess they missed their overcard, backdoorflush or whatever...

blackaces13
04-11-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of hands do you think two players called my flop bet with ?
If they dont include an 8 or Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of players play as little as 1 overcard and in general people don't like folding the flop for 1 bet, even with things like backdoor draws. They usually like to peel one off. IMO leading again on the turn is the best play. Sure, there's a good chance someone has an 8, but they'll usually let you know about it with a raise so its better to be able to safely fold after 1 turn bet then to check call 2 bets and get shown trips. I'm assuming you didn't want to fold top pair for one bet on the turn here.