PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10 KQo in CO

BIGRED
04-09-2004, 07:14 PM
For some reason the converter didn't work for this hand so I'll just type it out.

I'm in CO with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded around to me and I raise.
Button calls.
SB folds.
BB calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I check, button bets, BB folds, I fold.

Please comment on my play.

lil'
04-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Checking the turn kina announces to the table "MY OVERCARDS MISSED. TAKE YOUR SHOTS NOW."

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you annouce this, since you know you are screwed. In this case, I find it hard to believe that 6 helped anyone. I would bet the turn.

Azhrarn
04-09-2004, 08:19 PM
A couple of important considerations:

1. Do the flop calls mean anything? Some players will autocall the flop after a pf raise, others will only call the flop with a pair or a draw. This is more important to consider for the BB, as most would also call with overcards in the button's position.

2. How likely is the button to call you down with ace high?

Without these reads, giving up on the turn is fine. Betting the turn is also fine, as it is a draw heavy board, and it looks likely to have missed the button.

Finally, since you checked, the button bet, and the BB folded, you could consider a bluff checkraise. Unless you bluff a lot, by doing that and leading the river, there's a good chance you could push the button off an unimproved ace. The pot's not that big, so this should be weighed against the likelyhood he's on overcards and the likelyhood he would lay down a better hand. Or call you with a worse one, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif