PDA

View Full Version : Crap Cards in BB

BIGRED
04-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Party Poker 5/10 (6 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

Button limps, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop(2 2/5 SB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero Folds.

I was tempted to call because it was hard for me to put him on an Ace since he didn't raise preflop. So I figured he is betting with a flush/straight draw or with a medium pair. If that's the case, then I have over cards to his medium pair and I might be able to outdraw him. I also have an inside straight draw. I'm not an odds expert so I didn't do any fancy math. I wanted to call, but I figured just fold and move on. How did I do?

lil'
04-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Tempted to call? I'm tempted to bet.

BIGRED
04-09-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tempted to call? I'm tempted to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really? I'm new to 6-max. I've been playing mostly at 1/2 6-max and decided to try out 5/10. Maybe I need to stay at 1/2 longer until I grow some balls. Are you serious about betting this? Is this how you guys play at 5/10 and above in 6-max?

Azhrarn
04-09-2004, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't be so sure he didn't have an ace. There are a lot of passive players at 5/10 who would openlimp here with a weak ace, particularly offsuit. They think it's too weak to raise, because they don't really care about blindstealing, but they can't stand to fold an ace, because it's against their religion or something.

Anyway, I would typically bet out here. The pot's not big enough to chase, but combine the possibility of stealing with the possibility of your hand improving and it's a good bet IMO.

stripsqueez
04-09-2004, 10:05 PM
i prefer check/fold and moving on - if the button is bad enough to open limp then its only a matter of time - he could have just about anything - getting involved in small marginal pots is playing with fire

someone who limps on the button is good odds to be a passive, call too much player - i would hate to get dragged into betting all the way so he can show me 22 or K high at the end

i will bet out in this scenario sometimes but i've got a firm view about what i expect the button to do and its not call - its good to steal little pots but you should be patient and selective - you dont need to steal many

stripsqueez - chickenhawk