PDA

View Full Version : DAMN IT!

Schaefer
04-09-2004, 04:17 PM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>......Hero...makes the easy fold.

MP3 was one of the few players I respected at the table. He could easily have QQ or KK here. UTG+1 was a little maniacal but didn't get out of line postflop. He also was very aggressive so I knew there was the distinct possibility of a 3 bet. I think this lay down is pretty straight forward but I just want to post because I am proud of myself. It wasn't too long ago when I would see AA and just start slinging chips.

Schaefer

Richie Rich
04-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Ignorning the fact that UTG+1 or MP3 could have a set, you're also losing to KQ (two pair) or JT (straight). Good laydown.

asdf1234
04-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Always tough to lay down aces, but there's very little chance that you're ahead here, especially with a respectable player 3 betting the flop and showing no signs of slowing down on the turn. Be happy you saved yourself several bets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif