PDA

View Full Version : TT trouble

kenewbie
04-09-2004, 04:03 PM
<font color="blue">
I have trouble playing TT correctly.

First hand is at a thight table, I'm raising to keep the pot as shorthanded as possible. Is this a good raise?
</font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.25 BB, between UTG, UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
UTG+1 shows 7d 3c (high card, ace).
Hero shows Tc Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.25 BB. </font>

<font color="blue">
Not sure if I should bet the river here. If I was first out I surely would but seeing as I'm dead last I would just be making the pot larger at a thight table with two callers and two overcards out. I dont really think I have the pot at this point, I think the others just too thight/passive to bet the queen.

Now the next hand I think I'm being a tad eager. UTG+1 raise with TT (again trying to keep the flop shorthanded). I guess in this position it is too early to raise with TT?
</font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">
The reason I bet the flop here even though I got overbid preflop is that my cards beat the board. MP1 might have AK and I want to see if he is willing to bet. Seems he is. Now I turn into check/call mode as long as no overcard flops.
It this wrong?
</font>

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20 BB, between Hero, MP1, MP3 and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB doesn't show.
Hero shows Td Tc (two pair, tens and nines).
MP1 shows 4s 5s (full house, fours full of nines).
MP3 doesn't show.
Outcome: MP1 wins 20 BB. </font>

Any and all feedback appreciated!

k

illunious
04-09-2004, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand is at a thight table, I'm raising to keep the pot as shorthanded as possible. Is this a good raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is always a good hand to raise preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (7.50 SB) 8, A, Q (3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is a tight game, I think the flop bet is fine. After they both call I would not put any more chips into the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (16 SB) 4, 4, 9 (5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I bet the flop here even though I got overbid preflop is that my cards beat the board. MP1 might have AK and I want to see if he is willing to bet. Seems he is. Now I turn into check/call mode as long as no overcard flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd 3 bet the flop. I don't think I could fold it at any point in the hand.

Alporfavor
04-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi kenewbie,

Don't despair i found TT very hard to play at these levels when i first started, but it is a good money maker when you play it right. I think the most imprtant thing is that you'll only win around 40% of the time with it, so it's important to throw it away at the right times so you don't spew away chips with it.

Hand 1

I always raise with TT, and with a tight table i think the raise is even more valuable to keep it short handed. I like the bet on the flop, but would really want to win it there with that ace on the board. After utg and utg+1 called on the flop i'd slow down and check through the turn. Then I'd check or call on the river. It's one of those situations where you lose the least if your behind but still take the pot if you're ahead. If you think the others are too tight passive to bet with a queen but would call your bet anyway don't bet the river if you think one of them does have a queen, you gain nothing from the bet (it's not like they've been chasing that elusive ace to the end).

Hand 2

You played this hand well, i agree with illunois that a 3-bet on the flop would be good. Though him having the 4 was the last thing i expected /images/graemlins/smirk.gif If you 3-bet him on the flop and he had AK he'd be feeling pretty uncomfortable and probably slow down on the later streets (assuming that he wasn't a maniac)