PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 table - 99 from BB

easypete
04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
This is where I've been getting in trouble:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

I call. Probably loose, but since raise came from CO (Festus) I think possibly a steal and I may have a better hand.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

This is where I get myself into trouble..... I bet here. Most of the time a flop misses the initial raiser (I know it happens to me). I feel if CO is on a drawing hand under the board or a lower PP, then CO may fold. If raised, I bail.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

I bet the flush here. Again if CO folds, then I'm good, if raised, I bail. Call.

River: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

I have a straight. I have to fear the Ace, but I need to know... No raise.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (7.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9c 9s (straight, king high).
CO shows Ac Qs (straight, ace high).
Outcome: CO wins 7.25 BB. </font>

Chris Daddy Cool
04-09-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call. Probably loose, but since raise came from CO (Festus) I think possibly a steal and I may have a better hand

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an auto 3bet from me with 99. If you really did think this, this should have been automatic for you too.

Clarkmeister
04-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Routine 3-bet preflop. Most players will raise with a wide range of hands there and your hand figures to be best the majority of the time. Reraise and take control of the hand.

Good bet on the river.

Tosh
04-09-2004, 03:22 PM
3 bet preflop. At this table I'd 3 bet with some lower pairs too.

sthief09
04-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I don't understand the logic behind cold-calling and then betting the flop. you have shown no strength, then make a desperation bet on the flop. if I had a K and was your opponent, I'd simply just call you on the flop and pop you on the turn.

I think playing the hand this way is setting yourself up to be outplayed.

kiemo
04-09-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Routine 3-bet preflop. Most players will raise with a wide range of hands there and your hand figures to be best the majority of the time. Reraise and take control of the hand.

Good bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you take control of a hand when you are out of
position?

Clarkmeister
04-09-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you take control of a hand when you are out of
position?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't, then I've been deluding myself an awful lot.

Tosh
04-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Of course you can. You take control by being the aggressor.