PDA

View Full Version : Flopping Quads and being bet and raised into?

CardCuda
04-09-2004, 11:23 AM
What do ya think? I seem to think the hands thru after the fact.

My thoughts -

Both UTG and MP are little to loose pre-flop, but they play post flop pretty well. LAG's.

With (2) others in I did not want to raise the turn and lose UTG, (I'm sure he would've folded to a 3 bet (maybe) I'm 50/50 on this thought now?

Was waiting till the river the best plan of action?

PS - This happens so rarely but one of these days I'm gonna just pop every street and see what happens /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20.25 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Js Td (four of a kind, jacks).
UTG+2 shows Ts As (full house, jacks full of aces).
MP1 shows 8s 8d (full house, jacks full of eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.25 BB. </font>

chief444
04-09-2004, 11:56 AM
I would have played the turn the same. It looked obvious that UTG+2 would call but your raise would probably have folded him out and only gotten you two more BB's total.

The only thing I would probably do differently is lead out on the flop. Anytime I've seen this situation occur there are always callers, if not at least one raise, of an open bet. An ace will usually call (if not raise) and any pocket pair is going to call or raise. Plus, few players will give you credit for quads as they will just assume you would have slowplayed them. I would then smoothcall any raise and let them bet back into me on the turn. I think though you're play in this case against obviously aggressive opponents worked out very well.