PDA

View Full Version : Colluded Against

Festus22
04-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Who do I contact at Party when there's been a collusion problem?

I was all-in against 2 opponents and after the flop, the first typed "let's check it through" and the other replied "OK".

I think that's colluding against me. Agree?

Homer
04-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Yes, that's collusion. The e-mail address is either alert@partypoker.com or alerts@partypoker.com, I'm not sure which.

-- Homer

Prickly Pete
04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
alerts@partypoker.com

HavanaBanana
04-09-2004, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
alerts@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, alert@partypoker.com would be an oxymoron /images/graemlins/blush.gif

La Brujita
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
That is clear collusion but good luck getting money back from Party. If I were you and were very upset, I might consider ccing Mike O'Malley who is a pretty straight forward guy.

The problem is this kind of collusion, while clearly collusion is considered by some to be on the fringe of acceptability.

Jim Easton
04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was all-in against 2 opponents and after the flop, the first typed "let's check it through" and the other replied "OK".

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny to read this since I just sent an email to Paradise because I had the same thing happen to me. We were 3 handed and I went all-in for less than the BB on the button. SB completed and said "check, check". The BB checked through (he had 32o, so I'm sure he would have anyway), but the SB's actions were wrong. I rivered a pair to stay alive for a couple more hands. I had about T400 and they were about even with around T4500, so I wasn't long for the tourney anyway.

Jim Easton
04-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Took about 20 minutes to get this:

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your email. Based on your email we have reviewed the recent play history of accounts yyyy and xxxx. While we agree that the comments made by player yyyy in game zzzz are unacceptable it would seem that this is an isolated incident and we cannot find any additional evidence to suggest that these players sat at the table with the intention of colluding. Indeed when we look at the play history of both accounts we see that these players have not displayed any historical tendency to sit at the same table.

At this time we have sent a stern warning to player yyyy indicating that comments, such as the comment he made in game zzzz, will not be tolerated. This player has also been warned that any further such comments will result in the closure of his account.

Should you have any further questions regarding this matter, please be sure to let us know.
Best Regards,

Jason,
Paradise Poker Security

Alobar
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
wow, I had a collusion problem I sent into to party 3 days ago, I got an auto response email telling me they would look into it and then get back to me in 24-48 hours /images/graemlins/frown.gif

M.B.E.
04-09-2004, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While we agree that the comments made by player yyyy in game zzzz are unacceptable it would seem that this is an isolated incident and we cannot find any additional evidence to suggest that these players sat at the table with the intention of colluding. Indeed when we look at the play history of both accounts we see that these players have not displayed any historical tendency to sit at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well duh. If they knew each other beforehand, they wouldn't have had to say "let's check it down", especially not on open chat.

eggzz
04-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Things like this just piss me off because it is just downright rude.

This is similar to the guy that cuts you off on the highway yakking on his cellphone. He thinks about no one but himself, as did the guy that said lets check it through, like you were invisible or something.

Hello, you do realize I'm playing at this table dont you?

Argh, the gall some people have. Where did honesty go in this world? Everyone is out for an edge, or an angle. Long term losers I'm sure, but its still bull.

This is a minor infraction compared to some things that go on, but its just blatant inconsideration.