PDA

View Full Version : Win % for each starting hand?

sublime
04-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Where do I find this info? Example

AA wins x amount of times
KK etc......

TheRake
04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Sublime,

Try this link

http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/evstats/expValue

This will give you EV against a given number of opponents.

If you want to see how one hand performs against one or more specific hands try www.twodimes.net/poker (http://www.twodimes.net/poker)

There is no way to calculate an exact percentage a certain hand holds up. You can't simply say I have AA and it holds up xx% of the time. There are simply too many veriables such as game texture, opponents hand, etc.

Hope this helps some.

TheRake

sublime
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks Rake, and do me a favor if you see Tom Hicks. Tell him a young man from Boston would like to thank him for bending over for the Yankees, and making our uphill fight just a tad bit more difficult /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess what I am looking for are which hands PRE-FLOP are profitable against x amount of limpers? I am not sure if what I am looking for is available, but I am sure you know what I mean. This goes back to MK's pre-flop quiz...

TheRake
04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...do me a favor if you see Tom Hicks. Tell him a young man from Boston would like to thank him for bending over for the Yankees, and making our uphill fight just a tad bit more difficult /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha...was wondering how long it would take before someone made a comment about my new avatar /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess I am a sucker and a baseball fan...that makes me the perfect Rangers fan....enjoy the links

TheRake

MaxPower
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
If you want to see how often each hand wins against random hands that are played to showdown check this out:

http://www.gocee.com/poker/HE_Value.htm

Of course, this isn't all that usefull because people don't play random hands (despite what we all think) and very rarely does every one go to a showdown. So even in a loose game, hands will win much more often than this chart indicates.

If you are looking for data on your own game and have pokertracker, it is listed on the first tab.

sublime
04-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Perfect!!!

Yeah nothing to exact, just a rule of thumb to know if I am in LP with say TT, how many limpers I need to justify a raise, etc....

Zetack
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, this isn't all that usefull because people don't play random hands (despite what we all think) and very rarely does every one go to a showdown. So even in a loose game, hands will win much more often than this chart indicates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, and perhaps counterintuitively, some hands actually do worse against a smaller number of non random hands. The hands that people will play are better than random hands so your odds of winning against say five people voluntarily entering the pot (who then all go to showdown) may actually be worse than they would against a full table of randomness.

--Zetack