PDA

View Full Version : My play on the 2+2 table

sublime
04-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Made me realize my growth as a player had been minimal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I honestly love these sessions though, as they point out some flaws in my game. Most apparaently being my play of "questionable" hands in EP.

Such as Q9s....etc...

I just wanted to thank all thos who partcipated and offered me advice last night...JSD, TRIX, Bakku, Sfer etc.

I was pretty down on my play afterwards, than sat back and remembered that I have only been playing poker for about a month and 1/2. This "game" requires a lot of patience, not only with your cards but with ones own growth as a player.

Anyways, just an all around thank you to all who have been help helpfull to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cold_cash
04-09-2004, 10:52 AM
There's no reason to get down on yourself or your play. It seems like I learn something interesting after every time we do this, and that's just the point.

If it was just a bunch of poker experts who already knew everything, what would be the point to the table?

I think it's a great opportunity for players without much experience (lke me, and maybe, like you) to kind of get "into the heads" of some of the more experienced guys. The more experienced guys KNOW this, and that's why they play, too.

Remember, there was a time when those guys were just starting out also. They weren't born with the ability to play good poker, it was something they learned by studying the game, asking questions, and making mistakes. In other words, everyone was where we are at some point; there's no need to "get down" on anything because of it.

sublime
04-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks ColdCash!!

I just hate making mistakes, its part of my makeup. But even worse is not learning from them. I tend to be a little hard on myslef, which is odd because I have made some decent cash playing poker.

Either way the 2+2 table is a great learning experince, and one that I look forward to.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif